Projectors
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      David HarrisDavid Harris
      Participant

Hi,

the Power LED is giving an error message which I can’t find the meaning of.

Upon connecting the power the LED flashes a series of different lengths for about a minute. And then it settles into a repeating pattern which is two flashes then a pause followed by one flash [repeat] (or the other way around.

Can anyone help me find out the meaning of this error message.

The remote doesn’t seem to activate anything and the bulb does not light.

Many thanks,

David

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hi David,

Thanks for your post. Do you happen to know the exact LED sequence? I.e How many times the power LED flashes in total?

For now we would suggest swapping the lamp with a known working one and unplugging the power cable from the projector and leaving it for 30 minutes.

You can find the lamp swap instructions here: https://support.prometheanworld.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/UST-P1-Lamp-Replacement.pdf

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Kate

Promethean Technical Support

David HarrisDavid Harris
      Participant

HI Kate,

thanks so much for your reply.

In answer to your question about the Power LED flash sequence:

after connecting the power the LED lights for just longer than one second,

then pause,

then flashes 37 times, then pause then 37 times, then one longer flash, then pause, then 37 times then pause, then 37 time then pause

[then flashes twice, then pause, then once, then pause] repeats indefinitely.

The flashes are quite quick (faster than one per second) but I think I counted the flashes correctly.

It would be great to know what those flashes communicate cos I’m not sure if I can find a working bulb near me to test with.

Many thanks again for your help.

David

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hi David,

Thanks for this. It seems that the LED you have provided is not recognised. It is therefore difficult to say exactly where the issue is coming from.

Do you have any other UST-P1/2 projectors? If so you could take a lamp out of one of these.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Kate

David HarrisDavid Harris
      Participant

HI Kate,

thanks for your reply and looking into this for me.

I wonder where that LED sequence is coming from?

Unfortunately I don’t have access to another projector to test a known working bulb. Do you know of anything else I could try?

Thanks again.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for posting.

I would advise you to dust the outside of the projector, as dust can cause many problems with a projector if they’re not cleaned regularly.

You can also try power down the system over night and testing the next day.

It could help to disconnect cable, with the projector off, and reconnect. Please also check to make sure the lamp door is properly closed.

At this point it would be time to buy a replacement lamp to test.  If the projector is still in warranty, please let us know and we’ll open a case.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Carrie

home

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.