- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous.
April 14, 2015 at 11:25 pm #552Eduards RitumsParticipant
The lamp of an EST-P1 has not come on since Friday (the school had Monday off and it is Tuesday after school). Now when the projector is plugged in, after cooling for an hour or more (unplugged), the power LED glows steady orange. Then, when the remote’s power button is pressed, at least two behaviors have been observed. The school’s tech agent (yours truly) saw the fan come on and the power LED flash continuously (cooling, according to the “LED Error Messages” table on p. 45 of the EST-P1 user guide). The teacher said that this morning the power LED began flashing and the lamp LED came on right away. I believe devices were turned on in the proper order (computer first, VGA and USB connections between computer and projector, then projector).
I can’t figure it out, please help.
April 15, 2015 at 12:43 am #4560AnonymousInactive
In this instance I would recommend testing another EST-P1 lamp to see if the issue follows the lamp or the projector if you are able to do so.
We would recommend if possible, testing a known working EST-P1 lamp from another EST-P1 projector if possible.
From the EST-P1 manual, the information for changing the lamp can be found on page number 36.
Should a different lamp work inside the projector, we would recommend recording the lamp hours by pressing ‘Status’ on the remote and contacting Promethean Technical Support directly.
If the same fault appears, power off the projector for 30 minutes by removing the mains cable and then reconnect and power on the projector.
When contacting Promethean Technical Support please have your projector serial number to hand. If you are in need of help locating the serial number please refer to article 10474 on http://www.PrometheanKB.com.
(Support Case 00518568)
April 16, 2015 at 4:29 pm #4561AnonymousInactive
Thank you, Adam. I was about to follow your advice when a colleague with more experience did something he called a hard reset, which restored projector function.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal 1.3.1 (released 18 August 2020)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.12 (released 15 August 2020 for US / 21 August 2020 globally)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal 1.3 (released 23 July 2020)