Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Charlie GriffithisCharlie Griffithis
      Participant

Hello, I need help, I’ve extended my screen with two monitors. My pen does not work (I’ve got a AB250) and when I go to calibrate it reads “press to continue” and then “hold down for two second” I do that and it just does nothing and goes back to my desk top with no crosses.

My second problem the pen  does not work on the screen I want it to if you know how to get the pen to calibrate on my other monitor please let me know.

kind regards

Charlie.

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for your post on our Support Community.

To assist you with this issue, could you please confirm the operating system on the computer connected to the ActivBoard and the version of ActivDriver you are currently using? https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1012/

Please, also confirm the screen resolution on the computer and what option is selected in the ActivManager Pen tab (mouse or tablet).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Promethean Technical Support

Charlie GriffithisCharlie Griffithis
        Participant

Hi there,

My Mac OS is the following ‘MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6’

My ActivDriver is the following ‘Version 5.18.19.

My MAC screen resolution is the following ‘1920 x 1080’

My Monitor which is a Samsung and the resolution is the following ‘1080p’

I was not sure how to  Check what option I have selected so please look ate the images below 

many thanks

Charlie.

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for your reply.

Kindly understand that extended mode will not support 3 displays at one time. You can extend to an additional monitor. Please ensure that the image displayed on the board is set to the primary display and extend to the additional monitors as opposed to extending from the primary monitor to the ActivBoard.

If you have any additional questions, let us know.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Kind regards,

Olivia

Paolo Dell'OssoPaolo Dell’Osso
      Participant

Hello,

I’ll reply here, I think it’s a similar question. My Windows 10 screen setup:

• dispay 1: PC monitor as primary
      • display 2-3 duplicated: Promethean ActivPanel and a pen display (Huion Kamvas PRO)

The pen display works correctly, the ActivPanel shows the correct display but touch works on display 1! If I set display 2-3 as primary everything works well but honestly I don’t like this solution (students can see all my apps, notifications, etc…). ActivDriver doesn’t resolve. Is this a Windows HID driver problem? Can you fix please?

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Paul,

The ActivPanels/ActivBoards are all designed with the idea that they are used as the main/2nd  (duplicated/extended) display, this is the classroom model the technology was built around.

We currently do not support a third monitor, specifically for the issues you and Charlie are seeing as calibration, as well as coordinating touch, pen and mouse inputs become very hard to coordinate for the operating system.

Our ActivDriver aids in supporting/translating input events when using our presenter software ActivInspire, but is not strictly needed to use the ActivPanels that are HID compliant, as per the information in https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1814/

Getting the operating system to recognise all three displays and identify resolution/calibration, touch mouse and pen correctly is determined by the operating system, so we have no control over this.

I appreciate this doesn’t fit the model you are currently using, can I assume it works if you do not have the Kanvas Pro connected, but are operating the Panel with the PC in extended or duplicate display mode?

Do let me know if I’ve misunderstood the issue, we’d be happy to investigate and test further.

Thanks,

Wendy

Paolo Dell'OssoPaolo Dell’Osso
      Participant

Thank you for your answer, in my opinion this problem is less serious, less complicated and probably it’s easy to fix. I try to explain:

Basic classroom setup, two displays extended:

• display 1: PC monitor, used by the teacher for the register, for example
      • display 2: ActivPanel, students view

Everything works well, mouse and touch.

Advanced setup, three displays, two are duplicate:

• display 1: PC monitor, used by the teacher for the register, for example
      • display 2-3 (duplicate): ActivPanel for students view and pen display for teacher interaction

Windows 10 manage everything correctly and smoothly ONLY  if display 2-3 is set as “main display” (using the windows 10 setting “make this my main display”). Otherwise, if display 1 is set as “main display” the ActivPanel represent the same screen as pen display BUT touch works on display 1 (PC monitor).

If possible, I just don’t want to set display 2-3 as “main display” because it’s the students side.

Hello Paolo,

Thank you for your reply.

As previously advised, we currently do not support a third monitor and we have no control over the way the operating system recognises all three display as well as the touch and the calibration.

Please, have a look at article 1814 for further guidance: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1814/

If you have any additional questions, let us know.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.