Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

My Promethean board is very light and the color projected is inaccurate and does not match what is on my computer. Also the VGA cable has been replaced and the filters are clean. One other problem is that the screen is not clear, in other words it is blurry. The focus has been adjusted and it does not get any clearer.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have the same issue.  Any tips on fixing this?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi raewyncai,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regarding to a faded/dull image that is being projected on to the ActivBoard, this is usually a sign of an ageing lamp.
      We would recommend testing another known working lamp from a working projector of the same model and seeing if the issue continues.
      If the image is brighter straight away, you can purchase another lamp from a Promethean reseller.
      If you still had a faded/dull image with a known working lamp then this could be an issue with dust ingress that has accumulated and got in the projector and would need an optical clean (which isn’t covered under the Promethean warranty).

If you need help on testing another lamp, you can find lamp replacement guides on our Support site under each model of Promethean projector.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can the inside of the lens be cleaned without having to tear into the optical assembly?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi jlittleton,

We do not recommend opening the projector up to perform the optical clean of the lens as this could cause further damage if incorrectly done.
      We would recommend if you need out of warranty repairs to contact Promethean directly and provide the serial number of the projector so we can advise further on your nearest repair centre.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.