Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Jackie MasavegJackie Masaveg
      Participant

I’m trying to video conference through zoom on the activpanel and I’m getting an error “failed to start the video camera. Ensure that no other apps are using the camera and then try again”

im new to using the activpanel. Would you be able to help me troubleshoot. i appreciate your help!

thank you!

jackie

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for posting!  Can you please tell us the make and model of webcam that you are trying to use and what Promethean hardware you are trying to use? Are you using a AP5, AP6 or AP7, and using either an ActivConnect G-Series or an ActivConnect OPS-G?

Once we know the above we will be able to advise you further.  This article may help you in the meantime, but depends on hardware in use: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1784/

We look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

Hi Paul!

The ActivPanel is the ActivConnect OPS-G with a Logitech C920 Webcam.

Thanks!

Jackie

Eddie PrometheanEddie Promethean

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for your reply. Please ensure that your camera is plugged directly into the OPS and no plugged into the panel.

Please swipe up from the bottom of the panel, this will bring up the over lay menu from the bottom. Please tap the square button. Now please close all of your applications.

Next please re launch the zoom app.  Is the same thing still happening?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Eddie

Participant

Hi Eddie!

i did all of the above to no avail. The same thing keeps happening.

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for letting us know.

We were able to replicate the issue and this has now been escalated, you will receive an email to confirm this.

Kind Regards,

Thibaut

izzac chavezizzac chavez
      Participant

I am having this issue as well, is there any fix for it yet or way to get around it.

Hi Izzac,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.

We are still investigating for a fix or workaround. We have sent you an email in order for us to gather the serial number of your hardware and to ask you a few questions.

Kind Regards,

Thibaut

David SouthwickDavid Southwick
      Participant

Is there a fix for this issue yet? I am having the same issue of the system not allowing access to my web cam while trying to Zoom. Thanks.

– David

izzac chavezizzac chavez
      Participant

David I haven’t heard of a fix yet but did find a workaround for the mean time. If you turn on the panel without plugging in the webcam and wait until the meeting is up and running, then plug it in it should work. I tested it a couple of times and that is the only way that I got it to work for us.

After that it should work until you turn off the panel, at which point you have to unplug it before turning it on again to avoid the error, not ideal but hope it helps.

Hi David,

This issue is still being investigated. As Izzac mentioned, connecting the webcam after launching Zoom seems to be a workaround.

Thanks,

Michael

Promethean Support

Ivonne GrandaIvonne Granda
      Participant

Hello, when I use the camera app I get an error message saying the camera failed to open.  I’m trying to use zoom.

Slim PrometheanSlim Promethean

Hi Ivonne,

Thank you for your post.

In order to better help you with the issue, can you please provide us the make and model of the webcam you’re using?
      Also, what model of Promethean ActivPanel/ActivBoard are you using?
      Are you plugging the webcam directly onto the IWB or do you have an ActivConnect G-Series or an ActivConnect OPS-G?

We recommend you have a read through this article below in the meantime. https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1784/

We will be able to better advise you once we receive the details requested above.

We look forward to hearing from you

Best regards,
      Slim

Ivonne GrandaIvonne Granda
      Participant

Hello, I have the ap7-b75 model and I was trying to use my document camera from Aver model U70+.

izzac chavezizzac chavez
      Participant

Has there been any update on this from Promethean? We have schools starting and properly working panels would be nice.

Hi Ivonne,

Thank you for your post!

We have sent you an email to get the serial number of your ActivPanel and to ask for more details about the issue you are encountering.

We look forward to receiving your reply.

Regards,
      Slim

Hi Izzac,

Thank you for your post!

We are still investigating the issue to find a permanent fix to the issue. We will keep you informed as soon as we have an update.

Regards,
      Slim

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.