Software Solutions
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      alex Treadwellalex Treadwell
      Participant

We have several instances where a flip chart file extensions are being changed form .flipchart to .flipchart.temp, the flip chart will then no longer open, if I change the extension back its fine, but whats causing this to happen in the first place? Has any body seen this before?

Hi Alex,

Can you confirm what version of ActivInspire you are using?

This can be found under Help>About.

If you choose File>Save, is this when your flipcharts are saving as a .flipchart.temp?

If so, are you saving locally or to a network drive such as Google Drive/OneDrive?

If you are saving to a network drive, if you save the file locally, does the same issue happen? For example, saving on your desktop?

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Participant

Hi we are using 2.17.68075

Files are saving fine 99% of the time, if we choose file and save it will save as a .flipchart

We are using mapped network drives, to our server, but not one drive or Google Drive. wehave been using this version and network drives for over a year without any problem til very recently.

The files effected have been created a long time ago but are used every day, and most days they save fine or are not saved, then every few day the teacher goes to open it and it will not open, when its reported i find that the extra .temp extension has been added!

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I suspect this may be an issue with saving to the mapped network drives.
      Is this issue just affecting 1 user or multiple?

Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

Participant

Its effecting one user mainly but other users do have the same issue.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for confirming.

Please have the user save locally and see if this experiences the same issue.

If they continue to have this issue saving locally, please let us know.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Technical Support

teacher24_70teacher24_70
      Participant

I see this frequently too.  I’m usually saved to iCloud.  I understand that saving locally might resolve the problem, but that defeats the ability of accessing the files from multiple computers/loctions.  I HAVE to be able to access the files from both of my computers, so having to save things locally only is not a feasible option.

Hi,

Thanks for posting too.

We’d recommend keeping your ActivInspire up to date as changes have been made over the years to saving flipcharts to help prevent corrupting them.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Sam CCSSam CCS
      Participant

Did anyone manage to find the root cause of this?

We seem to be having this problem since upgrading from 2.11 to 2.18, but it could be coincidental.

Our users save to a mapped network drive that is synchronised with OneDrive. I am currently testing working from a local directory to see if resolves the temp file issue.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.