March 22, 2021 at 12:50 pm #32978Daniel DohertyParticipant
I am a technician with an IT support company. I have had a few issues with the Activboard 300 no longer working with Windows 10 laptops. I know these devices are no longer supported by Promethean but they seem to be dropping like flies. I have tried upgrading the firmware but it fails after trying. I have found that if I load an older version of the firmware it will work. I am just wondering is there another solution to this and have many come across this issue? Thanks.
March 23, 2021 at 11:22 am #33004Arianna PrometheanModerator
Thank you for contacting Promethean Technical Support.
Could you please confirm what kind of issue you have when connecting these ActivBoards to Windows 10 computers? If you have crashing issues or blue screen issues, this Support article may be of help: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1779/.
What’s the current firmware version on this ActivBoard? We always recommend upgrading the firmware incrementally, for example from version 8.04 build 4 to 8.10 build 7, before installing the latest HID version.
This article contains the relevant links for the firmware upgrade, depending on the model and size of the boards: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1038/.
We also recommend establishing a direct connection between the ActivBoard and the computer, with a USB cable no longer than three metres and bypassing any wall-boxes or connection plates. In case of failed firmware updates, it might help to disconnect the USB cable, reboot the computer, connect the USB cable and try to upgrade again.
Please, let us know if we can be of further help.
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)