Software Solutions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Adem Promethean Adem Promethean 1 week ago.

• Author
    henriksen
    henriksen
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having issues where the USB cable doesn’t always connect to the Promethean Board (AB 100 series) to the MacBook or detect. I was wondering if there might be an updated firmware for the board?

Thanks,

Chris

Adem Promethean
    Adem Promethean

Hello,

What firmware is currently installed?

We recommend using a short USB cable (less than 3m) and have it directly connected to the ActivBoard.

Can you also confirm the driver version installed?

Thank you.

Adem

Promethean Technical Support

henriksen
    henriksen
    Participant

Hi,

The firmware I currently installed is AC3_V8.10_Build7 (bin file) on the MacBook. Is that the most current firmware for the ABV387E100 series? I am using a USB cable and it’s connected to the ActivBoard to the MacBook. The ActivDriver that is currently installed on the MacBook is 5.18.12. MacBook is running on Catalina.

Thanks,

Chris

Craig Promethean
    Craig Promethean

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your post.

The driver and firmware are both up to date.

We do not currently support Catalina as an operating system. If you connect a different computer with a different OS, does the issue persists?

We are hoping to release support for Catalina but at the moment we do not have a release date.

Thank you,

Craig

Promethean Technical Support.

henriksen
    henriksen
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Will you release this on your website or will you let me know when this will become available for Catalina?

Thanks,

Chris

Adem Promethean
    Adem Promethean

Hi Chris,

If you subscribe to the announcement thread you will be emailed on the latest software releases.

Thank you.

Adem

Promethean Technical Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.