June 7, 2021 at 5:07 pm #33702Shawn PierreParticipant
I am using a freshly imaged computer, I have installed ActivDriver 5.18.19 x64. These are the versions I am trying to upgrade to:
AC3 V8.10 Build 7 – Active Board 100 to 300 Series 78
AC3 V8.09 Build 4 – Active Board 300 Series 87
AC3 V8.04 Build 4 – Active Board 300 series 95
The Version I am trying to upgrade from:
AC3 V8.04 Build 0 – Active Board 300 Series
After following the steps laid out in the the article, at the end it just says Update Failed. I am using a short cable and directly connecting to the board. Ideas?
June 8, 2021 at 11:14 am #33705Arianna PrometheanModerator
Thank you for your post on our Support Community.
Could you please confirm what kind of issues you have with these ActivBoards? Why are you upgrading the firmware?
When the firmware appears with a build 0, that indicates that the communication has broken down somewhere. What we suggest is to disconnect the USB cable, reboot the computer, without opening any programs, then reconnect the USB cable and start the process again.
Should the issue persist, please test a different computer and a shorter, direct, USB cable.
Please, also make sure that you download the correct firmware file based on the model and size of the board. For example, if your ActivBoard is ABV378PRO, you will need to download the first file in this article: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1038/.
Please, let us know if we can assist you further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for Radix VISO v1.2.7 (released 10 June 2021)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.14 (US release 25 May 2021 / Global release 3 June 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.10 (released 13 May 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.2 (released 29 April 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.0 (released 15 April 2021)