Interactive Whiteboards
  • This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      jjonesjjones
      Participant

Suddenly on Wednesday, the flame on my board turned red and the sound went out. ActivManager isn’t recognizing my board – when I look there’s only a red x in ActivManager. I’m not sure how to fix this problem. I know it’s not a computer problem because I’ve used my personal laptop to check to see if the board will work – it won’t. 

Could this be a random connection issue? Since the connections are behind the board, I hesitate to ask our custodian to plug things back in unless I’m sure since he would have to take the board all the wall which he’s already had to do once this year.

Please advise

Anonymous
      Inactive

Adding a bit of additional info: when I touch a pen to the board, the flame turns from red to blue, but nothing else happens. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi and thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With your personal laptop, did this have the ActivDriver installed when you tested it with the ActivBoard?

Please can you let you let us know what the current version of the ActivDriver and model of the ActivBoard is being used? 
      To find the current version of ActivDriver being used, click on the ActivManager icon and select Control Panel. The version number will be listed at the bottom next to the Copyright message.
      Please can you also let us know what operating system is being used?

Usually when the red flame is appearing, this would indicate that the ActivBoard can’t detect the computer which is usually driver or cable related. If you are connecting through any wallboxes, faceplates, docking stations, please bypass this and connect directly to the ActivBoard USB port using a 3 meter or less USB cable and see if this gets a connection (flame should turn white and show in ActivManager Control Panel).

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support 

Anonymous
      Inactive

My person laptop did have activdriver installed because I use it in place of my desktop sometimes.
      I’m using ActivDriver 5.14.21 on both my personal laptop and the computer the promethean board is supposed to be connected to. Both systems are windows 10 – the home version for the laptop and the professional edition for the desktop. 

I’m connected via usb directly to the board – all the connections are behind the board. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,
      Thanks for this information.

Please can you let us know the model number of the ActivBoard (please do not include the serial number)?
      This can be found on the left hand side of your ActivBoard .

If your ActivBoard has built in speakers, does sound play through the ActivBoard speakers (listed as Promethean USB Audio in Playback Devices)? 

Thanks,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

My ActivBoard does have onboard speakers, but I’m not getting sound from them. The product code for the board is ABV378PRO

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,
      Thanks for this information.

We will contact you directly regarding this particular issue.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.