- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
April 20, 2016 at 1:47 am #1371Lindsay McnattParticipant
Several teachers this week have saved their flipcharts and then when they go to open them, the file cannot be opened because it has saved as a .temp instead of a .flipchart. Is there anyway to recover the flilpcharts so they will open?
April 20, 2016 at 2:24 am #6932AnonymousInactive
Thank you for your post.
Have you tried to rename format to .flipchart?
Did the users save the flipcharts in a network location or locally?
Promethean Technical Support
December 5, 2017 at 6:07 pm #6933AnonymousInactive
This is happening on my school network on a regular basis.
It’s causing me quite a bit of concern now.
To answer Miguel’s questions.
Yes I can rename the flipchart by removing the .temp part
The flipcharts are always saved to a network location on our server.
A solution would be very handy.
To answer the question not yet asked, most of the PCs are running the previous version to the current version of Activ Inspire as at 5th December 2017.
January 25, 2018 at 4:23 pm #6934AnonymousInactive
This is happening to me ALL the time. At one point, I was saving all of my flipcharts in Google Drive (synced to the desktop). I was having this happen multiple times daily and wreaking havoc with everything. I thought maybe it was an issue with the Google Sync, so I recently moved all charts to iCloud and have them synced. It doesn’t happen as often now, but it still happens several times a week. I then have to find the file, rename it and then it will work. . . Until the next time that it does it.
Easy enough, but time consuming for me to fix. But substitutes don’t know how to resolve the situation. I’ve already had one message today saying that the substitute couldn’t open a flipchart and I had to remote it in the fix the file.
Would really appreciate any suggestions on what causes this and how to avoid the issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.200 (released 20 September 2021)
- Release notes for Radix agent v1.27.1 (released 25 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.0 (released 16 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire 2.22 (released 2 August 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5.2 (released 30 June 2021)