- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous.
August 18, 2015 at 5:54 pm #781Bruno HortaParticipant
Many teachers from our school are reporting a problem with activInspire flipcharts. They prepare a lesson at home, everything works well. In class, the pages are all black although it is possible to visualise the thumbnails of the pages at the bottom. However, as we turn pages none of them is displayed, not even if we click on the thumbnails. So teachers complain they “lose” everything they prepare.
This is what it looks like: http://s12.postimg.org/5a3itw959/print.jpg
August 18, 2015 at 10:15 pm #5200AnonymousInactive
Thanks for posting.
I’ve have had a look at the picture you have attached and this is usually a symptom of a corrupt flipchart.
This can have several causes and unfortunately there is no way of recovering it, unless you have a backed up copy of a previous version.
You can try and open it from the PC where the flipchart was originally created, as the missing files would be stored in the local temp folder on this machine.
If the flipchart was created in a previous version of our software, it will more than likely be necessary to recreate the flipchart in ActivInspire.
Please make sure all copies of ActivInspire are updated to the latest version to reduce the risk of this happening, we are currently on 2.4.
There are a number of steps that can be carried out to reduce the risk of corrupt flipcharts occurring including but not limited to:
– ensuring the disc that the flipchart is being stored onto is free from errors, and has been defragmented.
– ensure that the disc the flipchart is being stored onto has enough free space.
– ensure that the user has full access to the location that the flipchart is being stored to.
– ensure that the local user temp directories are clear and not full of redundant files.
– safely remove any thumb drives or hard drives if they are being moved.
I hope this information helps.
Promethean Technical Support
August 20, 2015 at 10:51 am #5201AnonymousInactive
Thanks a lot for your reply. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)