Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      penny1960penny1960
      Participant

I performed the latest Active Inspire update, and now I have several glitches. Sometimes everything freezes, and when I’m able to use my board, it’s very hard to click from one tool to another. I have to click many times to get the pen, mouse, c0lor options, etc., to work. I love my board, but with this problem, my class is waiting too long, so I cannot use my board. Please help.

Noel PrometheanNoel Promethean

Hello Penny,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please provide us with the Operating System of your computer?

Is it a Windows, Mac or Linux systems? What version of ActivInspire do you have currently installed?

Also can you please disconnect the computer from the Promethean ActivBoard and let us know if it is still freezing when you are not connected to the hardware.

If yes, can you log in as a different user on the computer, and let us know if the issue replicates.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Noel,

Promethean Technical Support

penny1960penny1960
        Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m using a MacOS Mojave. Active Inspire Version 2.19.69200. Everything worked perfectly until I updated to the latest version. Now that I’ve had some time to work with it I can get you more detailed issues:

When I’m at the board I have to click multiple times to get the tools to work. It actually takes many tries. (pen, mouse, shapes, everything)

When I’m using desktop annotate I can no longer scroll from one page to the next. It’s just frozen in one place.

If some of the tools get hidden (not sure why this sometimes happens) and I have to click on the double arrow to show them, they pop up but disappear when I try to grab one.

Often times everything completely freezes when I’m in desktop annotate mode.

The only thing that was fixed with this update is that I can now type on my whiteboard without being connected to the board. But I really can’t use it now because it’s too glitchy and I have students waiting. My school IT person is pushing to get rid of our boards and go with a new type of board and I’m fighting to keep them, but this is making it difficult for me to continue the fight. Please help!

Thanks!

Penny

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Penny,

Thanks for your post.

Just to clarify, are you saying that ActivInspire works fine when not connected to your ActivBoard?

If so, what version of ActivDriver do you have installed? This may need to be updated as well to ensure a better performance on ActivInspire when at the ActivBoard.

You can get instructions on how to check this from here. You will also have the option to download the latest version if you are not already using it.

The latest version is 5.18.19.

We hope this helps.

Thanks again

penny1960penny1960
        Participant

I’m saying that since updating ActivInspire I can text on my flipchart when not connected to the board. Before, it was painfully slow. There are several issues now that I didn’t experience before. Mainly, I cannot just tap on a tool and open it. I have to tap around many times. I’ve updated the latest version of ActivDriver. Still have the same issues. Can I send a video?

Penny

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Penny,

Thanks for your post.

We will open a support case for you and contact you directly to troubleshoot this issue.

We will include a link to allow you to upload a video directly to the case.

Thanks

James

penny1960penny1960
        Participant

Thank you! I just realized today that I’m able to select multiple tools. Hope that helps.

Penny

Hello Penny,

Thanks for your post.

We look forward to assisting you via e-mail.

Kind regards,

Jordan
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Glitches after updating Active Inspire’ is closed to new replies.