Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      lorimadisonlorimadison
      Participant

Every time I open Google Chrome my promethean pens stop working.  This has only been an issue for the last couple of months, I used Chrome for over a year with no problems before this.  I have to shut my computer down to get my pens to work again…  This is really frustrating because Chrome is my browser of choice.  How can I fix this problem?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Lori,

Thank you for your post on the support website.

Can you please tell us what version of the ActivDriver extension you
      have installed? Our most current version for the Chrome Book is 1.0.8. 

You said your pens stop working, correct? Have you tried
      other pens on your board? Which board do you have? Please send us the product
      code from off the board.

For testing purposes we would suggest that you try another
      cable to connect to the board.

Please let us know your results.

Thank You

Frances

Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Frances,
      I am not working on a Chromebook. I am using a Mac desktop. I am running Version 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit) of Chrome.  I have tried other pens. I have tried uninstalling the Activ Drivers and ActivInspire and reinstalling with the latest versions on Promethean Planet. I have also tried another cable. I found in another thread that disabling Hardware Acceleration in Chrome will help, it didn’t in my case. It will work just fine until I open Chrome. 

Other teachers in my building and district are experiencing the same thing. We are all Mac users so we think it’s an issue between the driver and Chrome. Is there an Activ Driver update planned for Mac anytime soon? Or could it be that my board needs a Firmware update? I’m currently running V8.04 Build 4. 

Thank you for the help!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi lorimadison,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

We are aware of the issues surrounding the recent Google Chrome update which is causing an effect on the interactivity of your ActivPens. 
      This issue usually surrounds ActivBoard 100 and 300 series models, which from your firmware version you will be using.

There is a simple fix which will help which is to upgrade the firmware of this ActivBoard. 
      I will send you an email directly with information for the firmware and instructions on how to do the upgrade.

I would recommend for the other teachers who are experiencing this issue to get in touch with us directly so we can help assist with them too.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you!  My pens are now working!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi lorimadison,

Great to hear that this is all back up and running smoothly.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,
      I think our school might also be having the same issue. The pens just seem to have a mind of thier own and today I had 2 teachers notify me that the flame won’t go on. Could this also be a firmware issue? We use the Chrome browser with a Windows 10 PC. I have not had a chance to try a different cable  yet.
      Thanks,
      Terri Lancour
      Technology Coordinator
      St Charles School

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi terrilan,

Thanks for posting.

From what you have mentioned I don’t think this is the same issue, do you know if the ActivBoard works correctly without Google Chrome loaded?
      If you have previously had Google Chrome opened and then reconnected the USB cable this may work, however it is recommend to restart to see if the issue relates to Google Chrome causing the interaction to drop.
      Do you know the model of the ActivBoard you are using?

Thanks,
      Adam

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.