Interactive Flat Panels

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 22 hours, 50 minutes ago.

• Author
    Mike Danatos
    Mike Danatos
    Participant

We have the icon for the Google Play Store loaded on our OPS. However when he activate it we get a generic browser page that says “No Results Found”.

Any ideas on why this isn’t working?

Thanks.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting.

If you go to Settings>Apps, do you see Google Services and Google Play Store listed?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Technical Support

Mike Danatos
    Mike Danatos
    Participant

Yes,, both Google Services and Google Play Store are listed under Settings>Apps.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for confirming.

If you re-create the icon on your home screen to select by holding in the circle of apps, then add a new generic app and choose Google PlayStore, does this work?

Thanks

Adam
    Promethean Support

Mike Danatos
    Mike Danatos
    Participant

I recreated the icon by selecting a new generic app and choosing Google Play Store. I get the same results:  a blank Google Play screen with a search bar and  “No Results Found” message.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you confirm where you got the files to install Google Play Services/Google Play Store?

It sounds like your app is loading perfectly fine, but this could be possibly be blocked from the network.

If you create a WIFI hotspot from a mobile phone, and connect your ActivConnect G/OPS-G to the WIFI Hotspot, does the Google Play Store work? This will help to identify if the network is causing issues.

Thanks,

Adam

Promethean Support

Mike Danatos
    Mike Danatos
    Participant

An easier test is to connect another Android device to the same wireless network as the OPS-G and see if Google Play store loads.  We did this and the Play store loads without a problem. The OPS-G works with the wifi network with all other applications including Google Suite products.

As for where we got the install files, I don’t know I assume they came with the Promethean Board.

Thanks

/Mike

Hi Mike,

In this instance, I would recommend factory resetting your OPS-G.

Please see the article below on how to do this:

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.