Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Charles KerrCharles Kerr
      Participant

Good afternoon,

After some testing by multiple techs at our sites, we’ve found that Google Slides (app from Play Store) is not displaying images on any of our panels, and in most cases, the entire slide, while in any view other than running the slideshow. We’ve confirmed that this is not happening on other Android devices with the app, and we’re running 4.3.0.111 on our AP7_B75 units. The Google Slide app is updated to the most recent version, as of April 6th. I included a Google Drive link to a video of what is occurring.

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_FUiEOakIIPwxaF4Fz-z_51Hyg8w1kmX/view?usp=sharing

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Google Slides not loading. Please could you try updating your Titanium Panel to the latest firmware. Here is the support article should you need: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1742/

Please try uninstalling the app and reinstalling to see if this solves the issue. It may also be worth connecting the Panel to a mobile hot spot to rule out any network issues.

Thanks,

Kate

Promethean Technical Support

Charles KerrCharles Kerr
      Participant

Hi Kate,

After installing the 5.0.2 update, the Google Play Store no longer stays open. Anytime I attempt to navigate to any app, in this case trying to reinstall the Slides app, the Play Store crashes.

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your reply.

We are sorry you are still experiencing issues after the software update.

Please, try to clear cache and data from the Google Play Store app and let us know if you are still having issues.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Charles KerrCharles Kerr
      Participant

Hi Arianna,

I cannot clear the cache for the Google Play Store app on the panel. The app does not show under Settings>Apps, and I am unable to navigate on the Play Store without it crashing.

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your reply.

Please, go to Locker > Settings and use the magnifying glass to search for the Google Play Store. Are you able to select it? If so, please clear the cache and data and let us know if the issue persists.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Charles KerrCharles Kerr
      Participant

Hi Arianna,

Clearing the cache with the aforementioned method, did not fix the issue. I have previously used the hard firmware reset, that was available only through a Promethean tech, but I’m weary to do so with the version I have, which was for 4.3.0.111. Is there an updated one for 5.x.x? Or should I go a different route?

Hi Charles,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Firmware is specific to pa particular model and size, so I do not recommend you re-flash with a USB unless you are certain you have correct file.

If it’s still not displaying correctly, please let us know so we can investigate the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Carrie

Charles KerrCharles Kerr
      Participant

Hi Carrie,

I have performed a factory reset on 5.0.2, and the issue remains.

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your post.

Due to the nature of the issue you reported, we are going to contact you directly via email with specific troubleshooting and questions.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Google Slides Not Displaying Images’ is closed to new replies.