Interactive Flat Panels

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Jarrad Promethean Jarrad Promethean 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Amy Frary
    Amy Frary
    Participant

On Friday, I was able to use my Google Slides app and get into Presentation mode (have done this for years). Today, the same slide show will not ‘load in presentation mode’. I access and even edit the slide show via my Promethean, but when I select ‘present’, I get a black screen forever.   The slide show works fine on other devices. No other slide show works either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Google Drive, Chrome, and Slides. I did the Promethean updates (twice). Still no luck.  Any other tips/ideas on how to make my slides shows go into presentation mode….I use that all day long.

Hi Amy Frary

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried Force Stopping the application?

You can go to Settings>Apps>Google Slides>Force Stop.

Please then re-launch the application and see if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Support

Ron Morlan
    Ron Morlan
    Participant

Has this been resolved?  I have users experiencing this also…at almost the same timeline.  One noticed that there was a recent PlayStore update to all the GSUITE apps…and we kinda wondered if that is when this “broke”.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

@morlanr

We are continuing to look into this issue as we receive word of it occurring with the ActivConnect devices’ software and Google Applications.

As a workaround, we have found that opening Google Chrome (or other web browser) and requesting the Desktop version of sites through the browser’s options/menus before accessing your Google Drive using that browser and opening the Slides presentation from that Drive folder directly allows the presentation to open, be presented, and close.

szimmerle
    szimmerle
    Participant

Is there anyway to revert to an older version of the Google Slides on the ActivPanel?

Albert Mendoza
    Albert Mendoza
    Participant

Having the same problem. Re-setting the entire board did not work.

Jonathan Ayer
    Jonathan Ayer
    Participant

Having the same problem. To be clear, this is a problem for those of us with the APP (Google Slides app from Google Play Store). Not opening from Chrome or any browser, so clearing history etc does not help. We could use the Chrome browser as a workaround, but that’s not as convenient.

Have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, and numerous basic fixes. The app otherwise works fine updating slides and such, but just wont go into presentation mode when clicking on the button to “Present on this Device”.

Am guessing based on timing of everyone and nature of the problem that it is related to an update with something OPS based or other app like an Activ type?

Will say this: compared my panel to one in another room. We both have the problem but my Slides app updated the other day whereas the other had its last update 2 weeks ago.

Hope we find a fix soon!

We have tested this internally and have found this version of Google Slides presents the black screen and not the slide. The non-working versions we have found in investigating this issue are 1.19.152.04.43 and 1.19.152.04.33.

We will bring this thread to the attention of our teams here, but it most likely a Google issue. We would recommend contacting Google with this issue to see if they have a work around or fix.

Mrs_Morgan09
    Mrs_Morgan09
    Participant

Hello!  Is there a solution for this yet?  We are also having a similar issue where the screen goes black and says Loading and doesn’t go any farther.

Jonathan Ayer
      Jonathan Ayer
      Participant

There does not appear to be a solution here. And I have not been able to find any answers on Google (which Promethean are squarely pointing it at at this point).

Pam Promethean
      Pam Promethean

Hi Jonathan,

This is with our Software Team, there is no ETA when this will be resolved.  Please continue to check our support site for updates under what’s New https://support.prometheanworld.com/.

Thanks,

Pam

Patrick Sullivan
    Patrick Sullivan
    Participant

We have the same issue.  However, it’s with Google Slides the Android app and presenting.  Nothing dealing with Chrome.  Hopefully an update fixes it.

Hi Patrick Sullivan

This is with our Software Team, there is no ETA when this will be resolved as this was an issue that has been caused by the Google Slides app.

We will update when we have any further information to provide.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Hello everyone,

The issue reported in this thread, in which Google Slides shows a black screen on presentation, is resolved with the latest version of the Google Slides app.

Please update the Google Slides app to version V1.19.172.03.33 or later

If there are any questions about this issue, please reach out to us here on the community or submit a case to our support team through phone, e-mail, or chat.

Sherry Bouchereau
    Sherry Bouchereau
    Participant

Up until 1 week ago I was able to open a Google slide show and click on the arrow and it would go to presentation mode. Now I am unable to get the same slide show to load. The screen says loading but is static.  What do I need to do?

Wendy Promethean
    Wendy

Hi Sherry,

Which browser is being used to open Google Slides with?  Is this in Chrome from one of our ActivPanels? If so, please can you try to clear the Chrome browser data/history and let us know if the issue persists?

Thank you,

Wendy

Albert Mendoza
    Albert Mendoza
    Participant

I have the same problem coming from the Google Slides app. I even reset the entire board and still happens.

Wendy Promethean
    Wendy

Hi both,

I’m very sorry, but we’ve since established that there is indeed an issue with the latest version of Google slides when used from Chrome on the ActivConnect-G Series. The last version that works would be 1.19.132.04.43.  I will merge the posts into the other one to keep all the queries and feedback together.

There is a work-around that involves requesting/downloading the desktop site before opening the presentation, please see further comments regarding this above.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.