- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
February 24, 2015 at 3:44 pm #444Mack LewisParticipant
I understand handwriting recognition is incorporated into ActivInspire. Is there a way to remove it? Disembowel it? My ActivInspire is constantly trying to convert everything whether we want it or not, which causes the system to stammer and stutter and make a mockery of my life! Can someone please tell me how to send this demon back to whence it came?
February 24, 2015 at 8:10 pm #4351AnonymousInactive
Thanks for your post; if you should need to contact us via the phone or knowledgebase, I’ve logged your case against case number 493604.
It’s unusual that the software would have handwriting recognition turned on by default- normally if that’s running, it’s because it was turned on.
Can you please confirm whether this issue replicates only in Activinspire, or also in other programs, and if only Activinspire, can you check both in regular and desktop annotate mode? Can you confirm whether the problem occurs with your mouse, or only at the board? Can you please confirm your operating system and Activinspire version?
If the issue only occurs at the board, it’s possible either that what you’re seeing is a handwriting recognition tool built into your operating system, or that there may really be a hardware issue, please contact us directly with a picture or screenshot showing the issue so we can know what you’re seeing. If it only happens in Inspire, it may be that your CPU is not able to keep up with your pen annotations; please check and see what’s happening in your Task Manager or Activity Monitor.
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal 1.3.1 (released 18 August 2020)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.12 (released 15 August 2020 for US / 21 August 2020 globally)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal 1.3 (released 23 July 2020)