- This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
June 7, 2015 at 11:23 am #644Nicole MandrinParticipant
My file contents disappear when I re open the file, while this content is still visible in the page navigator…
I had to re do my work twice. I would like to get my work back.
June 7, 2015 at 9:51 pm #4771AnonymousInactive
Thank you for your post.
So that we can assist you further, please confirm details below:
– version of the software you are using
– operating system
– how are the flipcharts being created? On this computer? On a different computer?
Thank you for your cooperation.
Promethean Technical Support
June 11, 2015 at 3:43 pm #4772AnonymousInactive
Nicole, hello 🙂
I am an ActivInspire user, and few years ago I had that problem.
Were you working and saving your work in a USB memory device or external drive?
The best practice I learned was always work saving my files in my hard disk, and then after I finish my job copy the original file to a flash memory or external hard disk.
Hope you can get back your content.
June 16, 2015 at 7:36 pm #4773AnonymousInactive
It’s a kind of a consolation to see that I’m not the only one through these issues… I did lose my files but not the lesson 😉
Now I’m very careful to save my work on my very computer before sending it to any cloud or box or usb key.
No more problems since then.
Now that I understood how it happenned, does anyone know why ?
Thanks for your advices.
June 16, 2015 at 8:08 pm #4774AnonymousInactive
As I see, working directly from a USB is the problem, probably some kind of TMP files or link can´t be close properly at the end when you close the program or save the file you were editing.
I’m glad it helps, remember always copy your file and edit it from your hard disk, then after upload it or copy to flash memory devices.
June 16, 2015 at 9:22 pm #4775AnonymousInactive
Agree with Carlos in this case; usually that kind of
behavior seen in a flipchart is the result of a corruption of the data in the
flipchart file, which can be caused by accessing it from or saving it directly
to a USB drive or network storage location.
We do recommend any editing and saving of flipchart files be done on a
copy saved to the computer’s local Hard Drive, which can be copied to a
non-local storage device afterwards.
(Support Case 00544762)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivInspire 2.22 (released 2 August 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5.2 (released 30 June 2021)
- Release notes for Radix VISO v1.2.7 (released 10 June 2021)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.14 (US release 25 May 2021 / Global release 3 June 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.10 (released 13 May 2021)