Software Solutions
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jacqui pintojacqui pinto
      Participant

We are no longer supporting easiteach and I have a teacher that has a lot of flip charts that I would like to convert onto activinspire. Any ideas?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Jacqui, I see at http://easiteach.com/aus/faqs/ that Easiteach Next Generation can export its files in the Common File Format of .iwb, and both the Windows and Mac versions of ActivInspire can import files of that format, so that may be the best way to go. I’m assuming that independent objects on Easiteach pages will remain independent objects once in ActivInspire, but I’d have to test that to be certain.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you very much I will try that right now.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Jacqui, I tested it just now, first saving the Easiteach file as an iwb. On the Easiteach file, I grouped a couple of the objects, to see if they would still be grouped once imported, and I also created an action for one of the objects, programming it to open a specific URL, to see if that action would be conveyed as well. The iwb imported perfectly (and quickly), and the objects I had grouped were still grouped in ActivInspire. However, the object with the URL action no longer performed that action, which wasn’t a surprise. That said, after importing any iwb’s created in Easiteach, it would be a good idea to review any pages with actions, in case any of those actions will need to be recreated in AI.

Anonymous
      Inactive

In addition to Geno’s comments, we would advise that with the import of any file some of the source file’s formatting or actions may be lost, and will need to be re-added or re-adjusted in the resulting flipchart.

(Support case 00488791)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.