What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Janis SchweizerJanis Schweizer
      Participant

I cannot delete old flipcharts. Many are obsolete and just renaming them means they are still taking up space. Any help will be appreciated.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Janis,

Do you get any error messages why you try and delete old flip charts? If so, are you able to provide a screenshot of this?

If you are still having issues deleting flip charts, please ensure you are logged in with full administrative rights and try to delete.

(Support case 534010)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Adam,
      Actually, nothing happens at all.  They won’t move to the trash can and hitting ‘delete’ doesn’t do anything.  I tried to rename one or two as “empty” but then I just end up with two empty flip charts.  As far as administrative rights, I’m not sure what you mean.  Do they have to be deleted by our tech person?  That would be horrific as there are 30 teachers who probably have this issue.

Thanks for your reply.  I hope to get this worked out.
      Janis

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Janis,

From what you have described it does sound as if this is a security setting on your network so we would advise that you ask your tech person for their advice on this, can you delete other files like word without issue?

(Support case 534010)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Adam,
      I checked with our tech person and she says there is nothing on the network that would prevent me from deleting from my own resources.  If there was, it would ask me for an administrator sign-in and it does not.  
      Let me know what we can try to fix this.
      Janis

Anonymous
      Inactive

Are the files in question stored on the computer or on a network location or other external device? After moving the files to the Recycle Bin, do they still have the same file size or has it hanged to a different size or 0?

Is it only ActivInspire flipcharts affected by this issue or is the same behavior seen when other files (e.g. MS Office files, PDFs, media files) are deleted?

(Support Case 00534010)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Files are stored on the computer that is connected to the board in my classroom.  
      After trying to move the files to the recycle bin, there is no change – it doesn’t indicate that it has been successfully moved to the trash, and nothing is different when I open it again.

The only objects affected are the flipcharts.  It’s as if the program does not allow one to delete a flipchart.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

From the issues you have described it sounds like an issue with the computer in general rather than the ActivInspire software.

We would recommend at this point getting it looked at thoroughly from the IT department as there should be no issues why files aren’t being deleted.

(Support case 00534010)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hmmm – not the answer I was hoping for.  I’ll check with some other teachers and see if they have the same problem.  If so, I’ll let you know.  If not, then I guess I’ll just have to have an infinite number of files!
      Thanks for the ideas.
      Janis

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.