- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous.
August 14, 2015 at 8:48 pm #765ncyhcmParticipant
I downloaded Active inspire on my home computer. It is on an icon on my desk top, but I also want to put it on my lap top so that I can use it on the Promethean board at school. How do I do that? I used the number on the back of the screen to acquire the professional version so that I could work at home.
August 14, 2015 at 9:38 pm #5175AnonymousInactive
The Personal Edition of the ActivInspire Software (which
does not use an Activation Key) can be installed on as many computers as
needed. You can even use the same file
downloaded from Promethean Planet to do so, using a USB Key to move the installer
from computer to computer.
The Professional Edition (which requires an Activation Key
to unlock), according to the Terms and Conditions of the Software License, can
be used on one computer at school for presenting lessons and on a second
computer at home for preparing lessons. If
you have the Activation Key (20 digits long, starting with either 0015 or 0016)
entered on two computers already, you would not (according to the terms of the
license) be able to use that on a third computer.
If you have the Activation key on only one of two computers,
you can enter the Key into the ActivInspire software on the other computer by
bringing up the End User License Agreement.
In windows, this is done by looking in the ‘Help’ menu,
choosing ‘About’, and clicking on the ‘Register’ button on the window which
On a Mac (OS X), that would be done by choosing the ‘ActivInspire’
menu and clicking on, ‘About ActivInspire…’, then on the ‘Register‘ button on
the window that presents.
In either case, you would input the User Name and
Organization, agree to the Terms of the License, and input the Activation Key
(without dashes or spaces; as 20 consecutive digits). At that point, an “OK” button should be
active; click on that button and you will be told that any changes will take
effect the next time the software opens.
Close and re-open the software, and the features of the Professional Edition
will be unlocked.
(Support Case 00566343)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)