Projectors

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    henriksen
    henriksen
    Participant

I’ve followed the directions in the owners manual on how to reset the lamp hours on a PRM-45 but it doesn’t seem to reset itself? Am I doing something wrong? Not pressing the correct button on the remote? All I get for a message is “Please see owner’s manual” and after 10-20 seconds the menu screen box disappears and it seems like I have to do it all over again. Please help me with this. Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi henriksen,

To reset the lamp hours please follow the below:

Menu
    Installation 2
    Advanced
    Lamp hour reset
    Press enter 

You will then see “please see users manual”

It is now waiting for a security code, please press down> up > left > right. This reset your lamp hours.

Press menu to go back to the main menu.

Please let us know if you need any further support. 

Anonymous

Thanks! I will try this and let you know if I’m still having issues resetting the lamp hours. 

Anonymous

So after trying this, is there a “Security Code” that will pop up on the screen? If so, it doesn’t show up on the screen before I press down>up>left>right. If it doesn’t, then how do I know the lamp hours were reset? Could you provide a screen shot of what I would be looking at or for? Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi Henriksen,

When the code has been entered correctly it will display a message saying “Lamp hour reset OK” you can then check by coming out of the menu and pressing the “Status” button on the remote and it will show the lamp hours.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
    Paul
    Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous

Now when you say “Code”, do you mean pressing the down>up>left>right on the remote? If so, those are the blue buttons on the remote? I’m almost certain I did that and all I got was “please see user manual” for the message before the menu box disappeared on the screen of the board. 

Anonymous

Hi henriksen,

You will need to use the grey buttons on the bottom of the remote. I have just tested on the unit we have here and the blue buttons do not work for the code.

Please test the grey buttons as they should reset the hours.

Please let us know if you need any further support. 

Craig 

Anonymous

I thought I tried that, but will double check. The projector doesn’t need to be connected via an ethernet cable does it? 

Anonymous

Hi henriksen,

No, the projector doesn’t need to be connected to an ethernet cable. it did take me two attempts.

Please let us know if the reset is not successful.

Kind regards,

Craig 

Anonymous

I tried this several times and never got any message saying the lamp hours were reset, and I checked the hours on the status after each attempt. What am I missing?

Anonymous

Hello ajones6,

After pressing enter on “lamp hour reset’ the projector is now waiting for a security code, please press the following buttons for the security code down> up > left > right. This should reset your lamp hours. Press menu to go back to the main menu.

Thank you, 
    Promethean Technical Support
    Nelly

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.