- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous.
April 15, 2016 at 7:44 pm #1368Lauren OLearyParticipant
I would like to insert a link to a pdf in my flipchart, but I want it go to a specific page in the pdf file (it is many pages long) when you click on the link. Is there a way to do this in Activinspire?
April 15, 2016 at 7:51 pm #6919AnonymousInactive
Why don’t you extract this particular page and use it as a single page? Or you export the page as jpg and swipe it out of your resources? Or you open the pdf with your browser (open with…) and have then a specific URL.
April 15, 2016 at 8:23 pm #6920AnonymousInactive
I have been extracting the pages and putting them into a flipchart, but being able to link directly to to a specific page in the pdf would be better for my purposes – I tried adding #page=4 to the end of the url, but people on the internet say that only works if the file is online, not on your computer.
April 15, 2016 at 8:55 pm #6921AnonymousInactive
Have a look here: http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_open_parameters.pdf
It’s possible with local files. You have to name the specific adress of Adobe Acrobat/Reader.exe followed by parameters of zoom, page, chapter or whatever you want.
April 15, 2016 at 9:14 pm #6922AnonymousInactive
I would agree with Stefan’s suggestions in this case for getting the individual page in the flipchart in this case.
Inspire cannot link to a specific page of any document, outside of the flipchart currently being edited or presented on the computer. However you can link to the PDF document itself, and scroll to the needed page when it opens.
(Support Case 00636013)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal 1.3.1 (released 18 August 2020)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.12 (released 15 August 2020 for US / 21 August 2020 globally)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal 1.3 (released 23 July 2020)