Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello. We have a 378Pro board experiencing audio issues. The sound will randomly fade from one speaker to another. Additionally, it transmits at a very low volume. I have hooked up a different device and the same audio issues still persist.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi eborowicz,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the set up between the ActivBoard and the computer (or devices), please can you let us know if you are using the USB cable for both sound and interaction? 
      Do you have any additional 3.5mm audio cables connecting to the amplifier on the ActivBoard?
      Do you use any faceplates/connectivity panels, are does the USB cable go directly into the ActivBoard? If you use a faceplate/connectivity panel, bypass this and see if you experience the same issue.

If the issue continues, please can you upload a short video showing this issue on the ActivBoard and the fading sound/low volume?
      Please upload to the below link and let us know once this has been uploaded:
      http://goo.gl/BW8Gjh

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

We have a 378Pro board experiencing buzzing issues when volume is increased. It can be masked if playing a CD or DVD or Youtube video, however when they finish we are lift with a really annoying buzzing…We have 3 boards and they all do this…we have tried many options including swapping out for another pc… 

thanks,

Lcarroll2

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi lcarroll2,
      Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Please could you let us know if you have any cables connected to the amplifier on the left hand side?

Are you using the USB audio device as the default Playback device? 

Thanks, 
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

We do have cable from board labeled cd/dvd plug that came pre- plugged in on board. It only runs from left side to right side. If you unplug it the buzzing goes away, however the teacher plays many cd and dvds through her pc so this needs to stay plugged in. I’m not sure what you are referrng to as the usb audio device as the default playback device…  

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m sorry.. we don’t have a usb audio cable here at our school.. we just ordered one for a test.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi lcarroll2,

Thank you for your reply.

With this model of ActivBoard the sound from the computer to the ActivBoard speakers can be done through the USB cable. This carries both interactivity with the ActivPen and sound. On the computers Playback devices/Sound options, you should either have USB audio device or Promethean USB audio as an option.
      However from your reply post, I suspect that the issue is caused by the cable that is being plugged in to the amplifier labelled CD/DVD. 
      You won’t need this cable for sound, as this will just be generating static which is going to cause the buzzing if left unconnected to anything. 
      As you have mentioned that the teacher plays the CDs and DVDs using the computer, I would recommend leaving this audio cable disconnected and just using the USB cable which came with the ActivBoard for interactivity and sound.
      Information on changing the sound option can be found on the link below:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1431
      I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.