Software Solutions
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mohamed GadAllahMohamed GadAllah
      Participant

Hi.

I am using activ inspire as an electronic white board during recording educational videos.

I am using tech smith camtasia studio to record what I am doing on screen.

When I start to do the explanation using the pen tool I am having the following screen

Later on when I start to type with the pen tool it looks like this:

But when I need to add any shape to the canvas of the white board it opens a side menu to choose the shape type like this one:

As you can see displaying the shapes side menu in the right leads to moving the canvas to the left and that makes everything on it move in turn to the left which will leads to a lot of confusion and distractions.

Same thing happened with the text tool side menu.

The point is that I want the canvas to be fixed on the same exact place whether I’ve clicked a shape or a text buttons.

The end result should be a clear fixed canvas so student can figure out what is going on the screen.

Thanks a lot 🙂

Mohamed 🙂

Note: Please, I do hope that you may not close the thread or send me an email telling me that due to the nature of my question you will contact me privately, because my last thread closed and you thankfully sent me an email includes (I am afraid to say so) irrelevant information to my question and I sent a reply and nothing happened later on at all. You used to be very helpful on the past and I do not know what happened my friends 🙂

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for contacting Promethean Technical Support.

Your feedback is appreciated.  There isn’t currently a setting to fix drawing area when the menu pops out.

Please indicate if you would like us to create a case in order to pass your feedback on to our development team as a suggestion for potential enhancement in future versions.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                                       Carrie

Promethean Technical Support

https://support.prometheanworld.com/

Mohamed GadAllahMohamed GadAllah
      Participant

Hi Carrie 🙂

Thanks for replying my thread 🙂

Please indicate if you would like us to create a case in order to pass your feedback on to our development team as a suggestion for potential enhancement in future versions.

Yes, Please do so as this will be a great way to fix any pop up side menu and fix the canvas all the time 🙂

Thanks a lot 🙂

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for confirming, I will make sure to pass this on to our developer team for future consideration.

Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you have any questions, we’d be happy to help.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

home

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.