Software Solutions
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Pedro SantosPedro Santos
      Participant

Hi,

I need the tools like compass and the lines to snap to points and centers, edges of shapes, lines, intersections and so on, just like on this app (ideally it should be possible do disable it when it disturbs the desired positioning): https://www.mathspad.co.uk/i2/construct.php

I have searched the help page and this forum but found nothing other snapping to grid.

How can I activate it?

Thanks in advance.

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for your post.

Assuming you are talking about our ActivInspire software, there is an option under the properties:

• Open Inspire, select a card and open page properties (F9 from a Windows PC)
      • At the bottom, click on the Grid Designer option
      • Look for the “Allow snap to grid” and tick this option. Making the Grid visible helps you see how the objects snap.

Hope that helps,

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

home

Pedro SantosPedro Santos
      Participant

Thank you for the answer but I think I didn’t make the message clear.

I meant to write “found nothing other than snapping to grid”.

The solution you propose is for snapping to grid and this I already know how to do.

I need the drawings to snap to each other, in particular to the beginning, end and center of segments and shapes. I need the compass to snap to the end of a segment or the corner of a square, for example.

Can the software do this if these locations are not on the grid intersections?

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Pedro,

My apologies for misunderstanding. As far as I’m aware, the ActivInspire software does not have these capabilities. Are you able to do this with other presentation software, e.g. PowerPoint ?

I would be happy to raise an enhancement request for this if you could provide some background and examples and how this would enhance your lesson delivery requirements.

Just let me know if that’s something you’d be interested in and I will create a ticket reference in our system and email you directly so you can send us the information.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Wendy

home

Pedro SantosPedro Santos
      Participant

Well, I have mentioned on my first message one browser app that uses snapping. You can try it yourself and it is enough for understanding what I have described.

There are a lot more that use that feature, mainly vectorial drawing software like Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape, but also mathematical like Geogebra or Geometer’s SketchPad, or 3D like AutoCad or Sketchup. Even Powerpoint has a bit of it.

It is not absolutely essential for me right now, but would improve the experience to some users in rigorous-technical-drawing-based subjects or fields.

Thanks.

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Thanks, Pedro,

I will pass this along to our developers for future development consideration.

We appreciate your input,

Thank you,

Wendy

home

Noel PrometheanNoel Promethean

Hi Pedro,

Can you please provide us with a short video of what you are looking for?
      We want to send that information for this advance snap to grid to our team of Software developers.
      In the video, please show exactly what you are looking for, so that it can be added to the enhancement request.

Thank You,
      Noel,

Pedro SantosPedro Santos
      Participant

You can start by clicking the link I have already provided and try it for yourselves, no video will be as accurate as that but there are hundreds of them and demos of the different software and the features I have mentioned – a quick search on youtube will give you all you need.

Wish you good work.

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Thank you, Pedro,

We added your information to the request, our developers will take it into consideration for future development, thank you for getting back to us,

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Wendy

home

Hi Pedro,

We have had some feedback from our developers.

You can change all sorts of snapping points for each individual object (every line is a new object).

If you go to the property browser of an object, then go to the ‘Restrictors’ section you will see a whole raft of snapping options, including the snap point x and Y co-ordinates. and different ‘snap-to’ points.

I hope this is helpful.

If you do not have anymore questions, please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Carrie

home

fredy santoshfredy santosh
      Participant

Hi this is santosh.

I want to.procure activsound bars 25qty. Activsound bar Colour required is white colour. Please share the stock availability.

My mail id. preethisantosh070213@gmail.com

Thank you

Santosh

Hi Santosh,

Thank you for reaching out.

Our ActivSoundBars only come in black.

If you are interested in finding out more on pricing and availability please reach out to your local sales representative by filling out the ‘How To Buy’ form here.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Krista

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.