Software Solutions
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tracy ClarkTracy Clark
      Participant
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Tracy,

Thanks for posting. I’ve logged your post against case number 493611.

Am I correct in recalling/presuming this is a Windows error message? Does the error message specifically point out the Activinspire software, or Activdriver, or other part of the software?

If I’m correct about Windows, please attempt the below, either for all pieces of Activsoftware you’re trying to install (If you’re downloading Inspire from Planet, it’ll be the Activinspire, Activdriver, Activinspire Help, Activinspire Core Resources, and Activinspire HWR Resources; if updating from the software, just Activinspire; anywhere else, the download should specify what you’re downloading), or for the specific software that’s generating the error.

First, check your Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features, and if the software appears on the list, try to uninstall it.

If you get an error when you go to uninstall, or if you’re able to uninstall but trying to install again generates the same error, please run the Microsoft utility provided below.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9779673&entrypointid=MATSKB

From here, try again to install or uninstall, whichever generated the error, and if uninstalling proceed from there to install from a fresh download from Planet.

If you’re still having difficulty at this point, or if you’re running a Mac, we’d probably next want to get into some more detailed uninstall directions- if we get to this point, please contact us directly over the phone or using our knowledgebase at http://www.prometheankb.com and referencing your case number.

Thank you,
      Daniel Barnwell
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s a blue pop up window that comes up it says:
      ActivInspire v1 on top the box then it says the error:
      A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer. If you wish to install this version, please uninstall the newer version first. Click ok to exit the wizard.

I have ActivInspire v2 on the Windows based computer I am running.

Thanks for any additional help!

Anonymous
      Inactive

If version 2 or above of the ActivInspire software is in place on the computer, then the error message being received would make sense if an installation of ActivInspire version 1.8 or below is being run.  To confirm, what is the name of the file being run that generates this message?

Also, what are you attempting to download for use with the ActivInspire software, and from what source is that file being downloaded (e.g. Promethean Planet, some other website, or a district server)?

(Support Case 00493611)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.