Software Solutions
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      andreabolton99andreabolton99
      Participant

I am unable to update to version 2.8.66693.  We have multiple computers in our school that the pens have stopped working.  The fix has been to update the software and they will begin working.  But when this software is trying to be downloaded, it comes up with an error message. The computer is currently on v 2.7.66643.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

Please could you provide a screenshot of the error which is being shown when you try to update?

I suspect if you are experiencing issues with your ActivPens, then this may be an issue with the ActivDriver rather than the ActivInspire software as the driver is separate to allow the ActivBoard to connect and interact.
      Could you also provide the version of ActivDriver being used? 
      This can be found by opening the ActivManager Control Panel and being listed at the bottom:

I look forward to your reply and screenshots.

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots.
      The ActivManager photo shows that nothing is listed within the hardware tab.
      This will need to show your ActivBoard listed in order for the pens to work interactively.
      I would suggest ensuring that your USB cable to your ActivBoard is secure and connected.

If this doesn’t help, please can you let us know the model number of the ActivBoard being used (excluding serial number)?
      Also, please can you let us know what colour the flame is in the top left corner of the ActivBoard? Does this also change colour when the pens are placed on the surface of the ActivBoard.

Thanks
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

When I open ActivInspire, I see this message.

But when I click on OK, this is what I see.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

I have checked the connection to the board, and the light (flame) continues to be pinkish-purple.  One of the pens will change the flame to blue; however, the other pen does not change the light.

Anonymous
      Inactive

i unplugged the cord and re-plugged and now have firmware in the hardware section, but still no-go with pen usage for both pens.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am unsure the model of the board.  Where do I look to find that?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anonymous
      Inactive

One pen will change the flame color to blue, but one pen will not change the pen color.  It stays the pinkish color.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The pen that does work, creates lots of lines with the writing–as if the pen is not calibrated, but it is calibrated.

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your replies.
      It sounds like you may have one faulty ActivPen which is why the flame doesn’t change colour when it’s on the surface of the ActivBoard.

It sounds like a firmware upgrade may be needed to help with the issue where it’s creating lots of writing.
      We just need to know the model number of Activboard which will be located on the bottom left of the ActivBoard on a silver sticker. 

Once we have this we will provide the firmware and instructions on how to upgrade.

Thanks,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

AVB378Pro

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello andreabolton99,

Thank you, we will send you an email with the file and instructions. 

Thank you,

Craig 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,
      I am trying to installthe activeInspire software to view homework files my son gets form school (as .flipchart). The installer started to run after asking to agree to EULA etc etc. But fails with the error message:
      ActiveInspire Err: 1612
      HelpEnglish (United States): Err 1612
      etc
      and a few other lines of error message all with the code 1612
      Any ideas would be appreciated
      Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

forgot to say : am trying to install ActivInspireSuite+v2.8.66693+en_US on windows 8.1 wen that error 1612 comes up

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi phoenix10,

Thank you for posting.

This error code appears to be a generic Windows error code.
      I would suggest removing any ActivInspire files that may have installed as part of the installation. Clearing the temp files on the computer (%TEMP% in the search box for Windows). Once cleared, restart the computer. 
      Run the installation with no anti-virus software running ensuring that you are logged in to the computer with full administration access

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am also unable to update to v 2.8.66693.  I’ve attached the error that I see. I tried clearing the temporary files. What should I do?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi scoggka,

Thank you for your screenshot.

We are aware of this issue showing with the Check for update feature on ActivInspire.

Whilst the development team are aware of this issue, we would recommend that updated versions of ActivInspire be downloaded from our Support site on the below link:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/download/activinspire.html

If you have any questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.