Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      ElizabethReynoldsElizabethReynolds
      Participant

I have downloaded activdriver and activinspire and my computer recognizes a board is plugged in, but when I go to calibrate the board will let me touch the 1st circle but does not move on to calibrate the rest of the board.  It just stays frozen at the first circle.  I can then press esc but my board is then stuck and I have to unplug the usb to be able to use my mouse again.
      How would I get my board to calibrate
      Thanks,
      Liz

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

Please could you let us know what operating system (and version) you are using?
      Please could you also let us know the version of ActivDriver installed and firmware of ActivBoard? 

Do other computers that work on other ActivBoard Touch’s work on this computer at all?
      Sometimes when the interaction stops or slows down, this can be due to the length of cable. Please can you try connecting directly into the USB port on the ActivBoard Touch to the computer bypassing any faceplates/wallboxes or trunking that may be in use with a 3 meter or less cable. Does this work?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I just upgraded the firmware so it is now reading V5.36 and the activdriver I am using is 5.14.14.  This time I made it to the 3rd + before it froze.  I have the cord plugged directly into the board and my cable is the shortest they gave me.  

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a few more computers I can try as well, but have had a bit of trouble with activdriver.  It saying that I have a newer version installed yet I am unable to see where it might be installed at all.

Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi ElizabethReynolds

You may need to manually remove the driver first. We have a great support guide to help you:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1064

Please follow the guide and let us know if the issue persists.

Craig 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have an up to date driver now, but only half the board works when go to calibrate it.  The left side of the board will let me touch the + but the right side will not.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Is there anything on the surface/frame of the ActivBoard? 
      If so, please remove all material including styluses and try again.
      If you still have the same issue, could you provide a photo showing the full ActivBoard including the frame?
      Thanks
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anonymous
      Inactive

So I can get the circle to move but only when I touch on the left side of the board.  Not when I touch in the circle on the right side of the board.  I am happy to submit a video of my trying if that would make it more clear where my struggle is.

Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi ElizabethReynolds,

I am going to send you an email as we will need the serial number of your ActivBoard. We may need to look at the firmware too.

Please keep an eye out for the email.

Craig 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.