Software Solutions
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony FuentesTony Fuentes
      Participant

I have activinspire V2.3 and need to restore my toolbox with the shapes and browser icons specifically. I have tried tool and options and settings and resetting profiles but none restore the icons I’m specifically looking for any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Forgive me if I’m misunderstanding your issue, Tony, but if you go to Settings (File>Settings in Windows, ActivInspire>Preferences in OS X), then to the Commands tab, you should be able to customize any of the profiles by first identifying the profile to be customized, in the drop-down box at the upper left, then selecting tools in the left column that you want to add, then clicking Add. To change their location in the toolbar after you’ve added them, select the tool you’ve added in the right column and use the Move Up/Down buttons to move them where you want them on the toolbox.

If you formerly saved profiles, you can open them back up by going to the Settings tab, then to the Profile & Resources section within that. The first field on the right, then, will show you the directory those are saved in. To open one of those, click the Retrieve Profile button , navigate to that folder and select the saved profile. Their file extensions are .profile.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Tony,

It looks like you’ve separately logged a case with us over the phone, case number 493592, and that the issue was that you were running Activinspire Personal edition. It looks like we were able to help you find your license key for the software, which should get you access to all of the tools, though if not please continue to follow up in your existing case over the phone or email.

For anyone else who has issues with missing tools, my experience is that this is most commonly because Inspire is in Personal rather than Professional Edition, so check that first (Help- About in Windows, Activinspire- About in Mac), and if that’s the issue, try to identify your license key (If your license came with your hardware, the download page on Planet will detail for various pieces of hardware how to validate/retrieve the license). You can input the license to Activinspire by clicking on the Register button in the About screen.

If, on the other hand, you’re using Professional Edition and not seeing a tool you’re used to seeing, Geno’s directions appear to me to be pretty complete. You can customize, add, or remove almost any tool from your toolbar using the Commands tab in the Settings.

Thank you,
      Daniel Barnwell
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.