Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Ryan DentonRyan Denton
      Participant

Hello all, I have a teacher with a board that is attempting to shut down due to inactivity, despite the fact that the teacher is engaging with the board pretty much constantly throughout the day (screen-sharing, drawing, etc.).

Obviously we could turn that feature off, but I am curious as to whether we can remedy the fact that his activity isn’t registering with the board so we can leave the auto feature on? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your post.

To help us answer your question, can you please confirm the model of hardware you have?

Can you also confirm if the user is touching the screen or just using it to show work?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Craig

Ryan DentonRyan Denton
      Participant

Sure thing. It’s a titatium activpanel. Thanks!

Jared HammondsJared Hammonds
      Participant

We are having the same issue Ryan. We have tried shutting off the sleep settings by setting them to never. This helped with the sleep part but now it will just freeze, requiring us to flip the power switch on the back of the panel. We have also had issues with the panel being frozen while shut off so we can turn them on until flipping the switch off and back on.

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hi Ryan and Jared,

Thanks for your posts. First thing to ensure is that you are both on the 4.3 firmware.

To check this, please access the locker > update app.

In regards to the freezing, does this happen when using a certain app on the Panel? Please be as specific as possible.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Kate

Promethean Technical Support

home

Participant

Hey Kate, so all of our boards are on 4.3 firmware except one, which that board has had zero issues.  At first, the freezing occurred when they would not use the board for roughly 15 minutes. I ended up turning off the sleep and set both settings to never. This has resolved some of our boards issues, however, we have a couple that turn their tv at the end of the day, when they come in the next morning and push the power button, it will not turn on. The teachers are having to unplug the board and plug it back in to get it to start working. It is very strange.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Jared,

Thanks for posting.  Please can you confirm the behaviour of the LEDs on the front of the ActivPanel when it will not turn on?

Can you also confirm if the motion sensors are turned on or off within the settings?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Paul

Participant

Hey Paul, I asked the teacher, she said the power light is on and the fire button is also lit up. I know the first time she called me, there was no lights at all.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for that information.

What color is the power button LED lit? What color is the flame button LED lit?

Also, you mentioned that the teacher originally reported that both buttons were not lit at one time, this would indicate that the panel is not getting any power. Is that something that is regularly happening? If so, please let us know and we can contact you directly to open a case to troubleshoot the issue.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind regards,

Olivia

Participant

Hey Paul and Olivia,

So I went down while the teachers are gone. The power button was lit up red and the flame was white. I pushed the power button and nothing happened. Tried holding it for 10 seconds and again nothing happened. I flipped the switch and turned it back on and now is working for now. I did notice on this device, I did turn off the proximity sensor. I have now turned that back on to see if that makes a difference. I will go back down this afternoon and check it.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Jared,

That’s great, thank you.

We look forward to hearing from you with the results.

Kind regards,

Craig

Participant

Hey Craig,

So turning on the sensor has seemed to fix the issue at that one particular board. Oddly, after having the power off at the school for 4 hours to add a electric to a new section of school, the few other boards we were having issues with have seemed to have been “reset” and are working as they should. Appreciate the help!

Eddie PrometheanEddie Promethean

Hi Jared,

That is great news. Thank you for letting us know.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Eddie

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.