Software Solutions
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ConyersConyers
      Participant

Hello,
      I work at a college, and we are upgrading our classroom computers to Office 2013. The faculty are starting to run into the issue “PowerPoint source file is incorrect” when trying to import PPT files as images and as objects.

I know about the work-around with shortening the file names and with taking out the spaces. I also know about converting the PPTs files to PDFs. It is not feasible for us to downgrade MS Office to the 2010 version.

My question is when will this bug be addressed?

(I have seen questions about this bug going back to 2013. We have both Activ and SMART products on this campus. It is going to be kind of hard for me to keep selling ActivInspire to the faculty, if the basic PPT import doesn’t work.)

Thank you,
      Conyers

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good afternoon,

This issue is currently with our development team and we are yet to receive a date as to when it will be fixed.

At the moment the workaround available is at http://www.prometheankb.com, article 11085 which you are already aware of.

The final option would be to move to ClassFlow (incorporated into ActivInspire) where you can use all your existing flipcharts and import PDF and Powerpoint slides.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,
      Thank you for the quick response.  It is just surprising that this issue hasn’t been fixed yet, because Promethean is usually so good about putting out updates and keeping up with possible compatibility issues.

I will check out ClassFlow and see what it is like.

Thank you for your help!
      Conyers

Anonymous
      Inactive

Conyers,
      Have you tried using ActivOffice? It is a plug in for PowerPoint and works with Office 2013. It gives you a mini tool palette when presenting in PowerPoint without the need to convert to Inspire.
      I am a Promethean Trainer and I would say ActivOffice works well for those that prefer PowerPoint or have all their resources already developed in PPT.

Kind Regards

Jon Chambers

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Conyers,

We would not recommend using ActivOffice with PowerPoint 2013 or above as these are unsupported versions as they have been released after the release of ActivOffice, as such you may encounter issues.
      ActivOffice is only supported on Microsoft PowerPoint 2007-2010 32bit variants only.

Thank you,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.