February 28, 2020 at 10:36 am #19214
I’m IT support manager in a german secondary school with the environment:
Windows 10 1909
Fujitsu Esprimo D538 clientpcs
ActivDriver 5.18.16 and Inspire version 2.17.680xx
Activboards Pro 300
firmware V8.65 Build 1
Inspire crashes randomly in inspire.exe and ascommons.dll. Afetr updating to recent driver and inspire the problem holds on.
Every help would be very welcome!
February 28, 2020 at 11:53 am #19217Adam K PrometheanModerator
Can you update both the ActivDriver to 5.18.18 and ActivInspire to 2.18 and let us know if you still get the same issue?
If you log on with a brand new local user, do you get the same issue?
March 2, 2020 at 7:30 am #19228
thanks for the answer.
I tried the update to recent driver and inspire app already but the problem persists.
I already reset the two pcs with this symptom but – see above… Still crashes.
Brand new user is not that easy becauce our teacher log in with a active directory id with roaming profiles. This id has other dependencies in our it environment. But we can try a new test user…
Alternativly: is it possible to clean a profile?
Have a nice week!
March 3, 2020 at 8:46 am #19249Adam K PrometheanModerator
Thanks for your reply.
Does the issue occur when not connected to the ActivBoard?
I would recommend testing a brand new user, preferably not part of the network, as this will help to identify is something on the network is causing this issue.
You can delete the profile, this is located in the below location:
Please ensure that ActivInspire is closed when deleting this ActivInspire folder.
Once deleted, restart the computer and then open ActivInspire and this will create the folder again.
Promethean Technical Support
March 4, 2020 at 10:08 am #19256
thank you for your answer again.
- the error occurs when connected to the activeboard.
- And I discovered another aspect: the crash occurs only on our three activeboard with firmware V8.65 Build 1.
Our other ~55 activeboard with same driver and inspire version, firmware V8.63 Build 2 and the workaround from fall 2019 (secure boot = off and windows driv sign. = off with Windows 10 1903 and later) do well!
A new user doesn’t change the symptom. Inspire is still crashing randomly…
Have a nice day!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for ClassFlow v6.10 (released to US users 14 February 2020)
- Release Notes for Apps: Screen Share, Classroom Essential apps, myPromethean Mobile App (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v3.3 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivDriver v5.18.18 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.1 (released 6 December 2019)