- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
January 19, 2017 at 12:33 am #1792AnonymousInactive
I have MacOS Sierra 10.12.2. I had to re-install Sierra due to corruption and I’m actually suspicious that having a legacy version of Java in order to run Activ Inspire was part of the reason for this – I’m nervous about reinstalling a legacy version of java now that I just paid to have my computer fixed, OS reinstalled (clean copy) and Inspire won’t run. I cannot work from home now.
Also on the Promethean page it clearly states only OS 10.6 – 10.11 are supported. What should I do to be able to use inspire and keep my computer working in good order?
January 19, 2017 at 12:57 am #9011AnonymousInactive
This is not an answer – it is additional information to the question I posted above:
I notice that the page to download the legacy Java 6 does not include OS 10.12 Sierra in the listed OS for it.
This concerns me greatly as to how this legacy Java 6 will actually work with Inspire and OS10.12 Sierra.
Inspire says it needs Java 7 – though the download also doesn’t list Sierra as a compatible OS.
Please advise how I can safely use Inspire on OS 10.12 Sierra.
January 19, 2017 at 6:18 am #9012AnonymousInactive
Thanks for posting on the Support Community.
Please note that ActivInspire is not currently supported on Mac OS Sierra, as such we do not have any recommendations on how to get this to work with your operating system as this has not been fully tested.
Our development team are in the process of testing ActivInspire with Mac OS Sierra and we hope to have a supported version released soon.
Promethean Technical Support
January 19, 2017 at 10:04 pm #9013AnonymousInactive
Thank you. Can you notify me when the supported version is ready?
January 20, 2017 at 5:42 am #9014
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal 1.3.1 (released 18 August 2020)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.12 (released 15 August 2020 for US / 21 August 2020 globally)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal 1.3 (released 23 July 2020)