Software Solutions
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      sonnaisonnai
      Participant

I’ve recently tried to download activeinspire software from your site. I obtain the error 1612 message. I’ve tried previous suggestions to overcome this issue to no avail i.e. removing/re-install, saving to desktop for install, and the windows fix (programme doesn’t come up when searching for install so doesn’t resolve). Is there any other means of successfully downloading the software please?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi sonnai,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the installation, are you installing this on one computer or multiple computers over a network?

Please could you ensure that you are logged in using full admin permissions?

If this computer is part of a network, do you get the same error message when logged on with a local admin account?

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Adam,

The installation is on a single computer. The log on I use has admin permissions. To be doubly sure, I opened the administrator command prompt, ensured administrator was active and then tried again to install the software. The error message still came up.

Kind regards,

Sonnai

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi sonnai,
      Thanks for your reply.

Firstly, I would recommend checking to see if any parts of ActivInspire started to install on the computer.

Go to these locations and delete these files/folders if they exist:

Users/USERNAME/Documents/Activ Software/ActivInspire/My Resources/My Profiles (N.B. If you have custom made profiles which you wish to use again, copy and paste these files into a different location before deleting them).

Users/USERNAME/Documents/Promethean/ActivInspire

Users/USERNAME/.config/Promethean/ActivInspire

Users/Shared/Promethean

Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences and delete
      com.prometheanworld.ActivSoftware.ActivInspire.1.plist

/Applications/Promethean/ActivInspire

It is imperative that the computer is now restarted so that the system caches can be updated.

I would then recommend re-downloading ActivInspire and seeing if this helps when you run the installation.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Adam,

Tried this but still had the same error occur…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Have successfully installed older software files that I had already. Don’t know why the internet install won’t work. Thank you for your time and efforts. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi sonnai,

Glad to hear that you have got this fixed and thank you for your kind words.

Enjoy your day!

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.