Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      GriffithsGriffiths
      Participant

As a main contractor for A/V Installations in the NE of Scotland, my team and I install both new and used Promethean Whiteboards and Flat Panels for various Education Authorities. The Councils, (customers), and the End Users, (teachers), on completion of an install, usually ask for a demonstration of your product. Unlike Smart products, without loading the products licence key onto our laptops, we can not oblige and invariably the customers IT department has to set the system up. Are there any software products that would at least help us to check the ineractivity of Promethean products and keep our customers happy?

Tim Griffiths,
      Harvest Media Production Limited.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Griffiths,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With each of the ActivBoards you would require the ActivDriver which allows for calibration and interactivity of the ActivPen on the surface of the ActivBoard. Once this is installed you can start to present and show the use of the interaction. 
      When it comes down to software, we have ActivInspire which you can install and use the personal edition (no activation key required) to demonstrate the presenting abilities which teachers can do. 
      Once the school/councils are ready, they can enter the ActivInspire Activation Key to upgrade to the Professional edition.

The ActivDriver can be downloaded from the link below:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

The ActivInspire software can be downloaded from the link below:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/download/activinspire.html

When it comes to the Promethean ActivPanel, this does not need the ActivDriver as this will use the operating systems touch to function however we do recommend the ActivDriver be installed so you can use the ActivPen (Digital Pen) which allows for smarter interaction as this works differently to touch and the stylus. Again, you can use ActivInspire to show off the touch capability of the ActivPanel. 

If you need help for the teachers showing them ActivInspire, we do have many helpful ActivTip videos which show how to use the software:
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTTWdUcy0p-7EEWmsF6Zbj8XJEYxPTfDu

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you Adam. This is indeed a great help and will be put into action in the New Year. Thank you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Griffiths,

Your most welcome. I hope this information helps.

If you need any further help don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.