July 13, 2020 at 12:27 am #29645Phil MooreParticipant
I need to control multiple ActivPanel Titanium units from a Crestron system over IP not RS232.
Is this possible and if so, what port do I use and what is the protocol?
July 13, 2020 at 8:35 am #29648Craig PrometheanModerator
Thank you for your post.
It is not currently possible to control an ActivPanel with IP – only via RS232.
We have an Enhancement open with our development team. I have added your post to the request.
All announcements are released on the community, please keep an eye out for any updates.
July 13, 2020 at 11:25 pm #29651Phil MooreParticipant
OK – thanks for the response.
If you are going to implement IP control PLEASE:
- use the same protocol as RS232 to avoid doubling up
- use the TCP/IP transport not UDP so that the connected control system can be certain that messages have been received.
- do not use WOL to wake the thing up. This is a complete pain for integrators/programmers having to know the MAC address of the unit. The MAC address needs to be kept either hard coded in the program (bad) or in a configuration file that can be read at program startup (better). If the unit has to be replaced for whatever reason, then the integrator cannot simply swap the unit out – either the programming or the configuration file needs to be modified as well which costs time and money which can rarely be recouped.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)