Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      PatrickPatrick
      Participant

Sharing the iPad screen via the myPromethean app distorts the screen in both landscape and portrait mode. This only seems to happen on iPads because the instructor and I both tried with our iPhones and had no resolution issues at all in either mode, and I’ve previously used screen sharing on my android tablet and phone without issues.

The myPromethean App in the Apple App Store only has 3 written reviews, with the oldest being from September 2020 and the latest from December 2020, and all 3 reference this same issue.

It seems like the Promethean board thinks the iPad is in the opposite orientation than it really is, and therefore displays ratio/resolution incorrectly. For example, when your iPad is in portrait mode the Promethean Board thinks it’s in landscape mode and displays landscape ratio/resolution. I’m not an expert in video resolution or portrait/landscape ratio so I can’t say for certain that is the actual issue, just my two cents.

Hoping this can get resolved soon!

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for posting.  The issue you describe is something we have seen before and I believe it is going to be corrected in the next release of ScreenShare.  So that we can investigate this further can you please supply the model of iPad that you are using and the full iOS version you are running.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.