- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 2 months ago by Anonymous.
August 19, 2015 at 12:22 am #785ANTHONY BOMORTINOParticipant
I’ve been happily using ActivStudio for the past 8 years. This summer we received new school computers (along with updated software). I am now using ActivInspire.
One thing is making me CRAZY. Is Inspire suppose to undo your Zoom when you use Activotes? The old ActivStudio software did not do this.
Here is why it matters to me. I sometimes scan in a workbook page that the class is doing. I’ll zoom in on a question that the kids are working on. To check to see if the class understands the problem, I’ll write a few multiple choice responses next to the problem and do an “Ad Hoc” activote session.
This worked beautifully in Activstudio, but when I try to do this in Inspire, the screen zooms back out as soon as I select the Activotes. The class then starts calling out, “What was A?” “I can’t see the choices.” “Where did the questions go?” It’s very frustrating!
Does anyone know if this is suppose to happen in Inspire, or am I just dealing with some sort of glitch? Is there is a way to fix this in Inspire? If so, PLEASE help. Thanks a bunch!
August 19, 2015 at 2:06 am #5209AnonymousInactive
Thank you for your post.
So we can help identify this issue, please could you confirm the below:
-ActivInspire version (Click on Help>About to obtain this)
-How you are zooming in? Is this using the icon in the top right corner to increase the percentage or a different method?
-Does this only happen when using the express poll feature or when you generate questions using the question manager?
I look forward to your reply.
Promethean Technical Support
August 19, 2015 at 3:38 pm #5210AnonymousInactive
-My ActivInspire version is 2.4.66096
– I am using Windows 7
– I have used the “zoom” featur using the magnify tool and also the percentage zoom in the top right of the page. The results are the same. Both lose the “zoom” as soon as I use the activotes.
– The problem happens when I use Express Poll. It doesn’t happen if I use the question manager.
Thanks for your help!
August 19, 2015 at 11:39 pm #5211AnonymousInactive
Assigning to Escalations.
I think this may be a bug as I can replicate this too using express poll and having being zoomed in on 2.4.
Is there any way to stop it from zooming out?
August 20, 2015 at 11:00 am #5212AnonymousInactive
Thank you for your reply.
We can provide a workaround for this.
You could use the desktop annotate feature.
Scan the document/ page onto your computer.
Zoom into the question in the native program, then use express poll over this.
Hope it helps.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.200 (released 20 September 2021)
- Release notes for Radix agent v1.27.1 (released 25 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.0 (released 16 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire 2.22 (released 2 August 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5.2 (released 30 June 2021)