What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeMike
      Participant

When placing a transparent png into Activinspire the transparency is treated as opaque black.  Is there any way in the Property browser to change this so the transparency is retained?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To help us investigate the issue can you please provide us with a screen shot of the issue.

Are running the latest version of ActivInspire? If not please click the link below to download the latest version:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/download/activinspire.html

Can you please test a brand new local user account to see if the issue persists?

We look forward to hearing from you,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

On the left is the image as it appears online.  When copied and pasted into other applications (Word, Photoshop) the transparency is preserved.  On the right is how the image appears when pasted into Activinspire.  I’ve noticed this issue for years but never thought to ask.  I’ve found a workaround to be to save the png as a gif with transparency, then the formatting is preserved in Activinspire.

I am using version 2.6.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mike,

We have tested this and it seems to work fine on our machines?

Did you manage to try this using a new user account?

Can you also confirm your operating system?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mike,

We have tested this and it seems to work fine on our machines?

Did you manage to try this using a new user account?

Can you also confirm your operating system?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve tried this on a Windows 7 and Windows 8 pc with the same results.  I haven’t had a chance to test with another user yet. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mike,

The issue only occurs if you copy the image from the webpage, and the paste it into ActivInspire.

If you save the .png file locally to your machine and drag it in, the background transparency is retained.

Alternatively, you can drag the pictures directly into ActivInspire from your webpage, and this works as well.

The clipboard is not passing the transparency detail into ActivInspire very well, so ActivInspire is assuming it is black background in this case.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for testing this.  I still have the same issue on two different computers, even when I drag straight from a browser.  As I mentioned above, I can work around it by converting to a gif.  Thanks again for looking into it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am having this issue when inserting a .wmv into ActiveInspire. When I play the video the black disappears but then returns. I looks like there is just a big black box on the screen.

Anonymous
      Inactive

In which version of the ActivInspire software is this behavior seen and is your copy of the software installed in Windows or OS X?

Is the video being Embedded with HTML (Insert > Link > Embedded HTML) or inserted as you would other media (Insert > Media)?

Does this happen with any other media inserted into the flipchart?

(Support Case 00634266)

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.