Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad WhiteBrad White
      Participant

ActivPanel 75″. Up to date firmware. Employees google drive is linked to the panel.

When trying to save / export the whiteboard drawing into her Google Drive, the panel is laggy, unresponsive, and the app ultimately crashes.

See video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FEpA94ldF5L3ldJxi54qSW3ceph9pO9R

Also, sometimes this happens:

James CutshawJames Cutshaw
      Participant

we are experiencing the exact same problem.  I hope that someone has the solution for us.

Noel PrometheanNoel Promethean

Hello James,

Thank you  for your post.

Can you please ensure that the ActivPanel is up to date, by following the instructions below to perform an OTA update of the unit?

https://support.prometheanworld.com/s/article/1742?language=en_US

If the unit is up to date and you are still having the same issue, we recommend clearing the Cache and the Data within the Whiteboard App in the settings of the ActivPanel.

Please follow the information below to perform that step.

1-  Go to the locker , open Settings and select Apps.
      2- Locate the Whiteboard app in the list of installed Apps and select it.
      3- Select Storage.
      4- Select Clear data, then Clear cache
      5- Close the Settings menu and launch the app again.

Please let us know if that helps.

Thank you,

Noel,

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

This is happening on all of my boards.  Every board is running firmware version 5.1.200.17

I cleared the cache and data with no success.  I do have the teachers logged into cloud connect and we have google drive installed on the panel.  I was able to save the pdf to the panel and then copy the file to the teacher’s google drive.  not sure when we cannot export the PDF directly to google drive.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.  I have checked with the dev team and they are aware of this issue and a fix is scheduled for the 5.1.300 release which should be out in the next few weeks (targeting before end of feb but this is always subject to change).

So once this is available please update and try again, you should find it works after the update.

Thanks

Paul

Participant

Thank you very much, we will be sure to install the firmware update when released.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi James,

I just wanted to make you aware that the firmware update has been released with the included fix mentioned so you should be able to update from your “Update” app in the locker.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks

Paul

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Interactive Flat Panels’ is closed to new topics and replies.