Interactive Whiteboards
  • This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeOliveriMikeOliveri
      Participant

I have a teacher with a MacBook Air that will connect to the board, but she cannot interact with it in any way because ActivManager isn’t seeing the connection.

She has a MacBook Air, recently upgraded to OS X Sierra (previously she was on 10.11, but we updated in an effort to fix her problem). I have uninstalled ActivDriver and reinstalled the latest version available on the website, and Inspire says it’s current. The board itself is a 300-series board running firmware 8.10build7. I have tried PRAM and SMC resets with no change in behavior, and tried both USB ports on her laptop. I saw the thread about widespread 10.11 issues, and tried making the Chrome updates and adjustments some users mentioned (turning off hardware acceleration, updating her Chrome to version 54), but still no luck.

The flame icon turns white. If I open the system profile and examine the USB section, the Mac displays the ActivBoard, so the Mac knows it’s there. However, the ActivManager icon will only display the red X.

I connected my own laptop, a MacBook Pro running Sierra, to the same board, and I have no problems. I can connect, calibrate, and use the pens as normal. Go back to her laptop, and we have no connection. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Anything else I can do to troubleshoot and get her working again? 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello MikeOliveri

I am passing your details onto our development team to investigate. As you are aware we currently do not support Mac OS Sierra but we will look into the issue.

We will be in touch shortly.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

For what it’s worth, the problem started on 10.11. Exact same behavior. I was hoping it was something broken within the OS that would have been resolved with an upgrade, as the same board works just fine with my laptop running 10.12.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mike,

Thank you for this information.

I think this may be relating to the permissions of this user.
      Please can you make sure the Promethean directories have these permissions:

/Applications/Promethean
      System – R & W
      Admin – R & W
      Everyone – Read only

/usr/local/share/promethean
      System – R & W
      Everyone – Read only

/Library/LaunchAgents
      System – R & W
      Everyone – Read only

/usr/local/lib
      System – Read & Write
      Everyone – Read only

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethena Technical support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Morning Adam,

Thanks for the assist. I checked out permissions for those directories and everything looked good. I also ran First Aid on the drive thinking some other permissions might be out of whack. No joy.

After doing so, I found I still had a copy of ActivDriver 5.12.17 on my on laptop running Sierra, which the board does work fine with. I uninstalled ActivDriver from her MacBook, rebooted, and installed 5.12.17, and now all is well with her board again.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mike,

Great to hear that this is all working now.

If you need any help in the future, don’t hesitate to get in touch!

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.