Software Solutions
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Tiare PomareTiare Pomare
      Participant

i can’t launch activinspire on my mac, it displays this message: You can’t open the application “Inspire” because it may be damaged or incomplete. i am running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1. please help

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm where you downloaded ActivInspire from?

Also, what is the version of ActivInspire?

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve downloaded the latest version from promethean planet

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please completely remove the software and download and install again. The issue may be caused by the download.

For help removing the software please go to http://www.PrometheanKB.com and search for article 10972.

We look forward to hearing form you.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

i have reinstalled this 3 times on two computers, still not working

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please be aware that ActivInspire for El Capitan is not yet a supported operating system with ActivInspire as such you may encounter some issues.

As a suggestion please could you try the below steps to see if this helps at all?

This error message is caused by changes to the Security & Privacy setting inside of the operating system.

In order to resolve this issue, click on the Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Security & Privacy.
      On the General tab, click the lock icon in the bottom left to allow for changes. You will be prompted for your password.
      Finally, set it to “Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere”.

Hopefully this will help, please let us know the outcome.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Adam,

I have uninstalles all other Active Inspire and downloaded : active driver-5.12.17-osx-installer-x64-7
      My mac allows me to download, but I’m not able to install the program. It keeps giving me an error message. Please can you help. I have changed the Security and Privacy to “allow apps to download from anywhere. Still no joy. Thank you Trish

Anonymous
      Inactive

Any word on compatibility with El Capitan?? I cannot complete the install. I’ve changed the security settings to allow from anywhere and I am still unable to install it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Are you able to provide a screenshot showing the issue or error message you receive when installing?

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have the same problem. I have uninstalled and removed all previous versions, add-ons, and any other Promethean/Inspire products from laptop.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Artoo,

I noticed you have posted on another thread too.

Please see the answers to this issue on the thread below:
      https://community.prometheanworld.com/en/discussion/comment/16870635/#Comment_16870635

Thanks
      Adam

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.