What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel BurgessDaniel Burgess
      Participant

I have recently taken over IT support for three Primary schools and need to find out what licenses they have for Activinspire. They do have a mixture of Promethean and Smart interactive white boards. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the licenses, if the school have purchased any additional licenses they will need to refer to the invoice that they will have received with this information.

The standard license that comes with Promethean hardware entitles you to installed ActivInspire on 2 computers, one attached to the Promethean ActivBoard and one for preparation use.

ActivInspire that comes with the Promethean hardware is not licenses to work on third party products such as the Smart interactive white boards which you have mentioned unless the school has purchased ActivInspire licenses from a Promethean reseller.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Cheers for this Adam, 

Just one more question. The school is currently using Active Primary and I have started to upgrade it to Activelnspire. During the installation it is asking for a serial code. Is this the serial number from the board? 
      The school cannot locate the invoice as some of the boards are quite old.

Regards

Dan

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Dan,

It wouldn’t be the serial number of the ActivBoard for the use of ActivInspire however you can generate an ActivInspire license by following the steps on article 10937 on http://www.PrometheanKB.com.

I hope this information helps.

Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.