October 21, 2021 at 11:15 am #35136Josip SimeckiParticipant
sooo, we have in our Schools ActiView 322/324 Series which where connected to our old PCs and this worked fine till now.
The old PCs (Windows10) have been replaced with new HP ProDesk 400 G7 PCs (Windows10) in the last few days. But when we connect the ActiView Camera to USB 2.0 on the new PCs it takes around 10minutes for the PC to boot and come to the Login-screen.
With the ActiView not attached, the booting takes only 30-40seconds. We have latest Driver und Software for the Actiview installed. I tried also USB 3.0 ports but booting takes forever.
The PCs are also connected to Promethian 300 Series Board via HDMI and USB for Touch.
Anyone can help or have a suggestion?
October 25, 2021 at 1:20 pm #35179Krista PrometheanModerator
Thank you for reaching out.
It’s possible you are seeing this behavior due to a compatibility issue. The ActiView software is only supported on Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 as found in the system requirements here.
A test would be to uninstall the ActiView software and see if the issue still happens when booting the PC. If it does, we recommend checking with the manufacturer of the computer and ensure all system and driver updates are installed.
An alternative would be to keep the camera unplugged until the computer boots up.
Promethean Escalations Team
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.6.0 (released 17 November 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.200 (released 20 September 2021)
- Release notes for Radix agent v1.27.1 (released 25 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.0 (released 16 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire 2.22 (released 2 August 2021)