Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Good afternoon,  I have a AVB378S300 Promethean Board that keeps dropping connection from the computer.  Activmanager displays a red X on the icon in the system tray.  The board “disk” will be displaying white.  Configuration:  Computer: Dell Optiplex 380 running Windows 10 – 64 Bit.  $GB memory.   I have it directly connected to the board via the supplied USB cable – around 15 ft +/-.  I am using the latest driver for 64 bit systems – 5.14.21 and am running ActivInspire version 2.8.66693.  I have swapped the logic boards with a known good Promethean board without success.  Firmware states it is up to date.   I am making my teacher shut her computer down each night and restarting in the morning.  USB ports are configured so Windows 10 cannot use power management on it.   I have also tried another classroom computer.  – No joy.   Suggestions?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am also have this problem- we are Mac OS 10.11.6 attaching via lptp.  The driver for the whiteboard is at 5.13.9, Firmware V8.04 Build4  -the Active Manager is at 5.14.21.
      I have 3 teachers having the problem.  Do I need to do a update ?? Suggestions??

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi rigel,

Thanks for posting and letting us know what you have tried. 
      The firmware for the ActivBoard 300 series aren’t available via the online updates, as such you will most likely have the older version installed. 

I will send you a firmware file to see if this helps over email.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi TheresaE,

Thanks for posting also,

I will send you the firmware file also in a separate email.

Kind regard,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the prompt email back and the firmware update information.  Teachers are on their way and I am very happy! Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi TheresaE,

Glad to hear that this is all working now and teachers are back up and running.

Enjoy your day.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good morning Adam.  The flash was successful.  Now we will wait and see if things settle.  Thank you for your help.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Folks!

See my post from Jan 24 in this thread: https://community.prometheanworld.com/en/discussion/7001142/activdriver-for-mac-os-sierra

I would like to update/check the IWB’s firmware, too. Could you provide the link to the ActivBoard 300 Pro series’ FW file please?

Regards,
      Uwe

Anonymous
      Inactive

@Uwe336

In regards to your post from that linked thread:

Is there a possibility to “downgrade” one of the two USB 3.0 ports to USB 2.0? Just collecting ideas.

If there is a way to do so, your support avenues for the macOS operating system and the hardware on which it is installed would be better able to guide you in that regard.

However, the board is only being recognized by the very first administrator account I have set up on the MacBook Air. The other administrator accounts (one of it mentioned for the future teacher) don’t recognize the board! The menu bar icon doesn’t switch from red cross to orange running man. It happens with both driver version on El Capitan: v.5.14.21 and 5.12.16
      What do I need to do to have the boards recognized by every (administrator role) user account on the Macbook? Else this behavior I only know from macOS sierra in this respect.

There may be some permissions on the other accounts which need to be checked and adjusted in this case; I will send you a list of ones to check shortly, along with an updated firmware for the 300 Pro Series ActivBoard.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Could I possibly get that update emailed to me also. I am constantly having this trouble with our boards that are running the Windows 10 also. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Since that post, @awgrace, we have added links to the updated firmware for our 100, 300, and 300Pro models of ActivBoard to our Support Article describing how to perform that update.  

Article 1038 will have three links, one for each size of ActivBoard offered, to download the firmware.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.