- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 5 months ago by Anonymous.
December 4, 2014 at 2:39 pm #167Lori MacConnellParticipant
A teacher using a new Mac still running Mavericks is having problems with using the Symbol font in ActivInspire 1.8. The problem actually was not just limited to Symbol but other fonts as well. When we selected Symbol and then tried to enter Text, it would do the alphabet instead of the symbol that corresponds with the letter. So instead of seeing the alpha character, an a would be shown. We tested in Word 2010, and the Symbol font worked there.
Any help would be appreciated.
December 4, 2014 at 3:57 pm #3627AnonymousInactive
I would definitely put the latest version of ActivInspire on there.
Please be aware that we don’t support Mac 10.10 Yosemite yet, in case you were thinking of upgrading any of your machines.
Should the issue persist, please can you submit a screenshot of the font book on this Maverick Mac so we can see how the font is categorised.
We do currently have a known issue around fonts that have been sub-categorised, so you would see Symbol in the list with a Sub-entry also called Symbol.
You can get the latest version of ActivInspire from our Planet Website here
Your reference is: 00464569
December 5, 2014 at 4:00 pm #3628AnonymousInactive
While I don’t have a screenshot (it is a teacher’s computer and not mine), we tried it on a Windows 8 machine and the symbols are showing as expected. Is there a work-around for using symbol fonts on a Mac running Mavericks? Thank you for any help you can provide.
December 5, 2014 at 6:41 pm #3629AnonymousInactive
Unfortunately there is no workaround for this that we know off.
I have raised this request and hopefully we can find a fix in a future release.
December 8, 2014 at 8:48 pm #3630AnonymousInactive
Thank you for writing back, Wendy! I hope that a fix is released soon.
- The forum ‘Software Solutions’ is closed to new topics and replies.
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.23 (released 22 February 2022)
- Release Notes for Radix 21.01.1481 (released 30 January 2022)
- Release Notes for Radix VISO v1.44 (released 10 February 2022)
- Release notes for myPromethean Portal v1.6.1 (released 26 January 2022)
- Release notes for Radix VISO v1.42 (released 2 December 2021)