Software Solutions
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lori MacConnellLori MacConnell
      Participant

A teacher using a new Mac still running Mavericks is having problems with using the Symbol font in ActivInspire 1.8. The problem actually was not just limited to Symbol but other fonts as well. When we selected Symbol and then tried to enter Text, it would do the alphabet instead of the symbol that corresponds with the letter. So instead of seeing the alpha character, an a would be shown. We tested in Word 2010, and the Symbol font worked there.
      Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Lori, 

I would definitely put the latest version of ActivInspire on there. 
      Please be aware that we don’t support Mac 10.10 Yosemite yet, in case you were thinking of upgrading any of your machines. 
      Should the issue persist, please can you submit a screenshot of the font book on this Maverick Mac so we can see how the font is categorised. 
      We do currently have a known issue around fonts that have been sub-categorised, so you would see Symbol in the list with a Sub-entry also called Symbol. 

You can get the latest version of ActivInspire from our Planet Website here

Your reference is: 00464569

Anonymous
      Inactive

While I don’t have a screenshot (it is a teacher’s computer and not mine), we tried it on a Windows 8 machine and the symbols are showing as expected. Is there a work-around for using symbol fonts on a Mac running Mavericks? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Lori, 
      Unfortunately there is no workaround for this that we know off. 
      I have raised this request and hopefully we can find a fix in a future release. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you for writing back, Wendy!  I hope that a fix is released soon.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.