Software Solutions
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      An. JahnkeAn. Jahnke
      Participant

where are ALL the math tools hidden? like compass, equation editor…?

Hi An,

Thank you for your post to our Forum.

The math tools are located under the tools tab in ActivInspire. Please see the screenshot below to assist you in finding the math tools.

Screenshot

In regards to the Equation Editor, this can be found under the insert tab in ActivInspire. We have also included a screenshot of this below.

Screenshot

We look forward to assisting you further in this matter.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Promethean Technical Support

Sun ChangSun Chang
        Participant

Hi,

Our teacher wants to use the optional equation tool and we need help to get it set up.

Since Java 6 is too old but the latest Java supports x64 (64 bits) only, I suggest him to use the Java version 8 and go to the following site and download Java SE Development Kit 8u291. Scroll down and select Windows X86 (32bits, jdk-8u291-windows-i586.exe):

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/javase-jdk8-downloads.html

He tried both the Java 6 and 8 versions but kept on running into the following error message:

“Failed to load Java Runtime Environment, please install the latest Java Runtime Environment to its default location. The Java runtime environment can be downloaded from: java.com.”

Any suggestions what was done wrong?

Thank,

Sun

Hello Sun,

Thank you for your post on our forum.

You can download the 32-bit version of Java following the link provided below.

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

You will need to choose the offline option that does not have (64-bit) at the end of it.

Kindly also note that the 32-bit option is 70.3 MB rather than 80.7 MB

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance with this matter.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Sun ChangSun Chang
      Participant

Hi Jordan,

Our teacher tried that already and he reported it had the same error.

Any suggestions what else he could try?

Thanks,

Sun

Noel PrometheanNoel Promethean

Hello Sun,

Thank you for your post.

The fix for this issue is to download the 32-bit version of JAVA.

Can you please have the teacher, uninstall the 64-bit version from their computer, restart.

Re-download the 32-bit version, restart. And see if that helps?

If not what error message are they getting when trying to use the Equation Editor?

We look forward to assisting you further with this matter.

Kind regards,

Noel,

ratha nadarajratha nadaraj
      Participant

Hi,

I am a Classflow user and looking for a calculator feature in Classflow my students can use.

The name Desmos calculator kept appearing, during my many searches, but I cant find it in the toolbox.

How do I go about getting this calculator into the toolbox icon in Classflow?

Hello Ratha,

Thank you for your post on our Support Community.

The calculator is currently not available as a tool in the ClassFlow Lesson Builder.

However, it is possible to add it to one’s resources. If you go to the Marketplace and search for Desmos Calculator, you have the option to add it to your resources or to deliver.

We hope this helps.

Should you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.