Software Solutions
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Lucille NelsonLucille Nelson
      Participant

I was using containers, and I must have done something, now containers is gone! Help! Also, I am missing several things, like notes.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,
      Are you using the ActivInspire software?
      If so, please could you advise what version you are using and if you are using the personal or professional edition?
      This can be found by opening ActivInspire and clicking on Help>About.

I look forward to your reply.
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m using the ActivInspire Personal Edition version 2.4.66096

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there,

It is possible previously that you had been using the 60 day trial of the Professional version of ActivInspire and as such it has reverted to the personal edition of the software.
      The features you have described are only available as part of the Professional version.

If you have a Promethean ActivBoard you may generate an ActivInspire license.
      Please refer to our Knowledge base article 10937 on http://www.PrometheanKB.com on how you can generate this using your ActivBoard.

If you have no Promethean hardware you will need to contact a Promethean reseller to enquire about costs of an ActivInspire license.

I hope this helps,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

No, I installed the personal edition and from what I can tell, containers is in the personal edition.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

To help us investigate the issue can you please confirm if the you are using a flip chart that had all ready been created with containers on or if you are trying to create a new flip chart and use the containers ?

With the personal edition of ActivInspire some features are locked and do require a license key to use.

Can you please confirm what tools you are missing so we can check if these are the features that are locked.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am trying to create a new flip chart and use containers. I am also missing notes and shapes.

Anonymous
      Inactive

[Name],

Thanks for confirming.

For clarity, Page Notes and Shapes are both features of the Professional Edition only. This is in our specifications linked below.

http://www.prometheanworld.com/rx_content/files/PDF/ActivInspireSpecificationSheet-168097.pdf

I had previously thought that Containers were only a feature of the Professional edition though as they are not mentioned in the specifications thought I’d check, and they are there in Personal edition.

Please ensure you’re running the latest version of Activinspire, select an object capable of functioning as a container (Note annotations, like your pen, highlighter, or magic ink tool, will not work; I’d suggest using an image as a test), and with the object selected check the Property Browser and see if you don’t see the Container heading.

Please if you’re still having difficulty, contact us directly over the phone or through our knowledgebase at http://www.prometheankb.com. If possible, please send us the flipchart you’re working on so we can see what might be the issue here.

Thank you,
      Daniel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Lucille,

Profound apologies, I was drafting the above in another program and did not add your name back in. I don’t mean to be impersonal, please excuse my error.

Thank you,
      Daniel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you so much, it seems to be working! I really appreciate the help! I will let you know if I have any more problems.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Lucille,

Thanks for letting us know that this has helped with the issue.
      Please never hesitate to get in touch should you have any issues or problems.

Adam

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.